Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2012 NK1 Full exhaust system with ivan's flash. Still loving it.
12 Posts
I just bought this tour Master slect tail bag for a three night trip to Pennsylvania, thunder in the valley, and at first I thought it was to big but after putting it on the bike I think it's a good fit for a few nights out if you pack light. The dimensions are 11.5"L x 14"W x 9.5"H it says 23 liters. My trip is at the end of the month I'll let you know how it worked.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
This bag is coming off after my destination. We ride to Johnstown PA to a hotel and unload everything then hit the twistys in the mountains. I think it will be perfect for this type of trip. It's to big in my opinion to leave on as a every day bag but I'll let others make up there mind about it. The bag also has straps to attach the saddle bags to it. Wonder what that looks like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would not recommend the tourmaster select tail bag. I used it on a four day trip and it worked great to Pennsylvania but on my way home one of the straps broke while attaching it to the bike and the rain cover worked for about five min. I didn't have a good experience with tourmaster and will probably never buy from them again. Other than that I had a good trip minus the rain on the last day. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the Kawi tail bag and I am disappointed. My after-market tail bag has a built-in rain cover, with its own zipper pouch. The only benefit I see to the Kawi is that it slips over the passenger seat, thus making a theft of the entire bag difficult.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I use a Bags Connection ION tank bag for my valuables and stuff I want to get to easily. Connects via a tank ring with no scratching possible to the tank. On the rear I use a Kriega bag which is brilliant.
Richj, what are you using for saddlebags? I like the looks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Amazon.com: Nelson-Rigg CL-1060-S Black Sport Tail/Seat Pack: Automotive

Great price and perfect fit on passenger seat. I returned the kawi tail bag and got this. I think it's better for the N1K.
Hi Tony

I booked my Ninja 1000 a week back. Expecting Delivery by first week of October. I was considering the Kawasaki Tail bag however it does seem a little too small for weekend trips hence, was checking out the Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S & ST tail bags.
I love the way the tail bag straps go under the seat and keep that flawless clean look of the bike. I know the Kawasaki Tail bag goes under the seat and does not have any issue with the locking mechanism as it is OEM fitment.

Since you own the Nelson Rigg 1060-S I was wondering if you could share some pictures of the tail bag mounted on the Ninja 1000. Does the straps allow the rear seat lock to be in place?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts