Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Swing Arm scratches

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  That too 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum and I need some help.

My 2014 Ninja has several scratches on the end of the swing arm.

Has anyone repaired them? Cheaply?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm glad you're asking this question. I also have swing arm scratches, put there by my rear spool lift. Of course, my scratches are just above the spools.

#6 ·
What would you call the color? I think it looks darker than my 2012, doesn't it?

If its the same as 2012, there is a touch up paint for ford trucks that is very close.

I took my granddaughter to help. She and I both agreed Ford "ND FM 360" color, "Dark Shadow Gray ... We both thought this was as close as we were going to find.

Like this:

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/38070900.jpg

#12 · (Edited)
I love it. Now I just look for 7th gear.

I went to 16/39 and I cruise on the freeway at 70mph at about 4500 rpm's. 1st gear now winds up to about 70mph before I shift on WOT. It even makes the bike very manageable in the twisties too. I mostly stay in 2nd gear with enough torque to move me around only going down to 1st in the tightest of switchbacks.

From what I hear, Supersprox can also make the rear sprocket in blue. I didn't know that when I ordered it. When I replace that and the chain, I'll request it.

I thought it would help with mileage too but the results are the same as when the bike was new.....about 40mpg. Maybe if I didn't keep trying to get it up to 70 in first gear, I might see some improvement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.