Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my south west motech ninja 1000 dampened gps, phone, 380 auto lcp, etc.quick connect mount today with bags connection mounted it to the 2 bolts that hold the tank on and wow is all i can say, on a scale of 1-10 its a 20. Sits nicely in between the bars doesnt stick up high, and has adjustable angle. Definateley one of my better mods. Really blends in with the bike and it definately want spit nothing out to the road. Sitting on the bike i have full view of the key and instruments.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i need to figure out how to do that put a picture on here

·
Registered
367 Posts
Your naming is a bit wrong ;)

Bags Connection is a sub brand of SW Motech for all their panniers & luggage gear.

I guess you bought the GPS holder to mount on the front of your tank bag ?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pardon my french, SW-Motech Quick Release gps mount kawasaki ninja 1000, manafacture part number gps.08.646.10300/B. Bolts to the bike by removing the 2 front screws that hold the tank to bike, the bracket fits on top of tank ears and you install new provided bolts with spacers and torque. Installed SW-Motech navi bag manafactuer number-BC.GPS.00.002.10000 Mounted to SW-Motech Quick Release gps mount kawasaki ninja 1000. The navi bag has the same bolt pattern as the mount. But you have to drill the plate in the navi bag which has a template etched in it so the holes are located. A great set up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Good to hear Mark. Yes a picture would be nice but I googled it and think I found what you are talking about. What GPS model do you have and is it sunlight readable?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea to bad you just cant email a picture and it would work, i got a deal on a nextar and bought 3 of them but they are probably about 3 years old and work great, they are compact and have a sd card slot and i can carry them in the woods and pull my trail camera cards and read them with the gps

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really blends with the bike sprocket head i highly recomend it

·
Registered
367 Posts
pardon my french, SW-Motech Quick Release gps mount kawasaki ninja 1000, manafacture part number gps.08.646.10300/B. Bolts to the bike by removing the 2 front screws that hold the tank to bike, the bracket fits on top of tank ears and you install new provided bolts with spacers and torque. Installed SW-Motech navi bag manafactuer number-BC.GPS.00.002.10000 Mounted to SW-Motech Quick Release gps mount kawasaki ninja 1000. The navi bag has the same bolt pattern as the mount. But you have to drill the plate in the navi bag which has a template etched in it so the holes are located. A great set up.
Ah something totally different then I expected.
Looks nice idd !

http://shop.sw-motech.com/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/gps_08_646_10300_b.pdf

The install manual explains a lot !

Reactions: Mark59

·
Registered
709 Posts
Mark59

I did a search on "SW-Motech Quick Release gps mount kawasaki ninja 1000" and found it. You are right, that looks like a very cool mod.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its a great mod Ishikawi if you want a gps holder or phone holder that really looks good on the bike and compliments it and is heavy duty, one thing i like about the navi bag that fits this mount is you dont have to worry about some arms or ears letting go of the device and it hit the road, plus they have some other cool attatchments that fit the mount like a magnetic holder for a radar detector and even a gun holster attatchment to carry your pistol, could be a road rage deterent lol. Plus they had a killer deal on the twisted throttle website for the extra large navi bag for 7 bucks, its like 3 inches deep and you can stack quite a bit of stuff in there and it fits inbetween the bars perfect.

Reactions: Ishikawa

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tested the mount out today with some 80 and 90 mph runs, the way it sits behind the windshield i didnt even see it move kind of like a part of the bike

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One thing i enjoyed is the navi bag is 3 inches deep and they give you foam blocks to take up space if you need, i needed to go to 3 different banks so i put all of my account books and papers and cell phone and went through the drive thru at all 3 banks, having a compartment right at your finger tips makes it sweet, never left the seat of the bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That may be exactly what I'm looking for to hold my phone when I'm using it as a gps. Can you use the touch screen while it's in the bag?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes you can mash the buttons through the clear face of the bag, its a slick hook up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts