Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike to work this morning it was 70 and beautiful. Except wearing a back pack it was great. I purchased a set of the blaze saddle bags from Revzilla I should get them today. They get mixed reviews, for what they cost I hope I am not disappointed. I have an after market exhaust on mine I hope they have clearance. Does anyone have a set of these to give me a heads up on any problems they might have had with this product?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had these for almost a year or so and haven't had any issues with them. No issues with the actual bags or mounts themselves. They've been through some storms and stuff on the way home from work, but the insides never seem wet (I park in a garage at home and under a stoop at work. This'll keep it dry during the day) after the 20 minute ride home. They seem solid at higher speeds. I've not been on any long trips with them or anything, just around town stuff.

There's only a couple of things I guess that are worth mentioning:

The first is where the bags will rub the bike. It's with the big velcro strap on each bag that goes over the top of the bike and connects to each other. This will rub the bike and wear through paint. I believe the bags come with some clear plastic sheeting or something you're supposed to put on to prevent this. I was lazy and didn't do this, so the bags have rubbed through the paint on the grab bars on the back.

The second is where you decide to put that big velcro strap. I find that if you leave it draped across the top of the rear seat, it just seems kind of loose and floppy and may slide forward/backward a bit (there are other straps that hold it to the mount points for the support rails. You'll see them when you install the bags). I put the big strap underneath the rear seat. It seems more solid and there's no movement. Probably helps at higher speeds as well by keeping less strain on the smaller straps that snap into the mounts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I received them today. they clear the header but I can see how they would
just destroy any paint they come into contact with. I will take the time to put the plastic film on my bike, I also ordered some fleece material to make some kind of buffer between the bags and bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts