Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never adjusted suspension on any motorcycle i have ever owned. I honestly probably don't ride hard enough that it will ever be a problem but I figured as easy as the 2015 is to adjust preload I might as well at least set the sag. I have a question for those who have done theirs. I don't have the means to lift up the bike to get a baseline with the suspension unloaded. What were your measurements unloaded vs. the bike sitting with no rider. I figured if your numbers are fairly consistent I could take your averages and set my sag with just me and my wife helping. For example id everybody says between 5-10 mm I can just measure where mine sits without me then sit on it and adjust for another 25mm making total sag 30-35mm. I know it won't be accurate but it will be better than it is now which is wherever the dealer set it beacuse the bike is new. I will take it to a shop later and have it setup completely at a later date. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
64 Posts
+1. I don't have the equipment to lift the bike to be able to get the static sag. So if someone can kindly provide that, I'd be very thankful.

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
If you were to crank the rear preload to the max, you can get really close if you do this and measure the bike while on the kickstand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts