Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who has changed the countershaft sprocket...is it necessary to remove the lower fairing to do this job?

·
Registered
828 Posts
It makes it easier to do but I don't know if it is mandatory. I already had other stuff apart when it came time to do the countershaft. Less risk of damaging it as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case you haven't seen it yet, another member was kind enough to do a walk through of the modification: https://youtu.be/SnUV81KugbA
Thanks for that link! Very helpful! That guy just took out a few fairing bolts without actually removing it and that appeared to give him just enough room to work. I think I'll try that approach. Thanks again!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Keep in mind when you pull it Ken there could be a lot of crap that comes out. Put a paper underneath. I had a ton of crap/gunk around the countershaft area. Maybe you have less miles than I did.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep in mind when you pull it Ken there could be a lot of crap that comes out. Put a paper underneath. I had a ton of crap/gunk around the countershaft area. Maybe you have less miles than I did.
Good tip. I'll watch out for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts