Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep switching back and forth and can'nt tell the differance. So Is their any differance?

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's in the manual, Sport Full power and Traction 1, Road Full power and Traction 2. For normal riding you will not notice a difference.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Perhaps it's just me feeling things, but I feel like the throttle response is sharper in Sport mode than in Road mode as well. Other than that and the TC setting though, there's definitely no difference.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Perhaps it's just me feeling things, but I feel like the throttle response is sharper in Sport mode than in Road mode as well. Other than that and the TC setting though, there's definitely no difference.
Could it be possible that when you change it to SPORT MODE you yourself are feeling more "Sporty" or aggressive in your riding so might be twisting the throttle a little more energetically? - you know liek a seat of the pants Dyno run :)

Seriously not being a dick - just having a discussion - i know how this stuff comes across in a forum setting :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Could it be possible that when you change it to SPORT MODE you yourself are feeling more "Sporty" or aggressive in your riding so might be twisting the throttle a little more energetically? - you know liek a seat of the pants Dyno run :)

Seriously not being a dick - just having a discussion - i know how this stuff comes across in a forum setting :)
No offense taken. And yes, that's absolutely possible. Probable, even. I haven't found anything official on it one way or another though, so can't really confirm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is an interesting question. I have wondered the same thing. If you are feeling a difference in Road vs. Sport, it could be the traction control pulling out power. I noticed under hard acceleration, my bike will do i quick power wheelie (no clutch up). In Road, the front wheel does not come off the ground. Just a though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was testing this myself on the weekend. Couldn't really notice any difference either.

However whilst you can have Full power in both Sport and Road modes, they could (no idea if they do or not) having different fuel mapping.

This would make more sense rather than just changing the T/C settings. So at the same throttle opening or revs for example , the fuel delivery could be more in Sport mode. Full power is still full power in both modes, but getting to that full power could be handle differently.

Without seeing the fuel maps, the above is all just speculation.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
96 Posts
I agree with Oramac.
That was the first impression I got when I experimented with using Sport setting.
Coming from a 2016 GSX-S background, I could feel the slight jerky feeling with the throttle control that Sport gave the bike.
With Road, it disappeared totally, and I never used Sport again. This was nothing to do with experiencing any Traction Control intervention.

Rob.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure how the N1K does it but on many other bikes the riding modes affect the fueling maps and the traction control settings. Sometimes even ABS settings. It's interesting how the more aggressive riding modes tend to make the throttle response jerkier. My KTM was really like this until I installed a fueling module. Now all the riding modes have smooth throttle response and I can fully appreciate the differences between them. In Track mode with the Street throttle map selected it gets 50 mpg compared to 39 in Track mode with the Track throttle map selected. If you can't feel the difference between the riding modes, the less aggressive ones should get you more MPGs.

(Sorry, just read posts 2 and 3 and see that Kawasaki does it like everyone else. Most will only notice the difference if they're hooligans :p )

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
24 Posts
You would have to try to break rear wheel traction on purpose to notice a difference.

Traction control level 3: Very intrusive. Will cut ignition at the slightest whiff of wheelspin or the front wheel going up.
Traction control level 2: Will cut in if the bike thinks you're about to get in trouble.
Traction control level 1: Will let you have fun and wheelie a little bit.
Traction control off: Self explanatory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts