Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Murphyau, I installed those yesterday, and wow what a difference. Apparently, I must have Tyrannosaurus arms since this helped give me the extra bend to absorb bumps on the road and allow me not to lean into the bars as much. The instructions were a bit lite, but I figured out where the pins went and the install was actually fast. Thanks for the suggestion!. Confirmed 2021 these will fit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Murphyau, I installed those yesterday, and wow what a difference. Apparently, I must have Tyrannosaurus arms since this helped give me the extra bend to absorb bumps on the road and allow me not to lean into the bars as much. The instructions were a bit lite, but I figured out where the pins went and the install was actually fast. Thanks for the suggestion!. Confirmed 2021 these will fit.
Hi. Thanks for sharing this. Did you have the change the cables or anything or does it work with the existing cables etc? Do you feel any resistance turning lock to lock? Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can you please also share what was missing in the installation instructions. Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Hasan,

The parts in the bag come with 2 adapters and 2 pins. You need to insert the pins on the adapter to ensure it aligns with the pin slot that the handlebar slots into. Other than that just move the rubber cable straps on each side and you should be good.
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
109 Posts
My brake and clutch cables were already outside the metal clips from the dealer. Only took me about 15 minutes tops to install. The Red Locktite was not an issue in this case. The new upper bolts are pre-treated with Red Locktite so easy peasy.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Steering part Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm a 52 year old male who is 5'10" and 220 pounds. I have longish arms for my upper body (36/37 inches), and 32 inseam. I say this to see if it will help solve my problems.

I've noticed after a few hours riding that my neck and the space between my shoulders hurt. This is bad enough that I feel it for a few hours after riding. I ride about a total of 100 freeway miles to do sporty riding.

snip
I'm 6'4", 230 ish. I've noticed similar feelings sometimes. Usually it happens when I get lazy and start putting far too much of my weight on the bars instead of using my core to hold me up and keeping my arms/shoulders loose. Just from what you've said, I can't really be sure that's your issue, but it might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm 6'4", 230 ish. I've noticed similar feelings sometimes. Usually it happens when I get lazy and start putting far too much of my weight on the bars instead of using my core to hold me up and keeping my arms/shoulders loose. Just from what you've said, I can't really be sure that's your issue, but it might be worth looking into.
Thank you. I probably need to be more aware of the amount of tension I get when riding. You're right that core strength helps a lot with that.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts