Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My 2016 FJR1300A is up for sale. I've posted the craigslist link and pictures are available within the link. If you're interested, lemme know via PM or through the contact info on the c-list link.

Thanks!
Lee

·
Registered
2021 1000SX, Akra slip on, KQR side cases, to be continued.....
42 Posts
Fly and ride. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip.

I'm still on the fence what to replace her with. Had my eye on a really nicely modded Tracer 900 GT and then the owner sold it last week. Snooze ya lose. Then saw both a '20 N1K and Z900RS sitting side by side at an Orlando dealership and dammit if that Z900RS doesn't call to me- such a pretty bike. I just love UJM's and that bike is the prettiest bike on the market in the last decade, if you ask me. Just too many shortcomings tho when comparing it to what the FJR offered. I just don't know if I can go UJM again.

Yday I took out a really nicely farkled '16 Versys 1000, a bike I thought I could live with but w/in minutes of riding, my r/ shoulder flared up in agony. The V1K's bars are pretty high and very wide so I don't know if they aggravated my shoulder but man was that a disappointment. If anyone is looking for a V1K, I can offer you a recommendation.

My shoulders are the big concern now. The arthritis and bursitis just lights up if the positioning is bad. The FJR was pretty close to perfect in seating position and my shoulders rarely bothered me. The T900GT seating position isn't far off from the FJR and neither is the Z900RS. The Ninja 1000 requires some refinement, like Murph's rises, but even then, it's still a pretty sporty lean.

·
Premium Member
12,835 Posts
I dont mean to ask this, but with the price if used bikes being insane, was your fjr easy to sell? Did you get your price? The bike looked great.

Dont forget the Ninjas footpegs. They have thick, rubber tops that are fairly useless for vibration. A set of pegs for a 2010 z1000 will bolt right on and give a little more knee bend room. OEM pegs are not that expensive. If you buy Chinese, you'll have change left over from a 10.00. Figure maybe an extra 3/8"...maybe more.

On paper, it doesnt sound like much, but it's enough to help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bike was advertised for less than 2 weeks before selling. I had a number of folks lowball me and I laughed them off. And my FJR was the lowest priced '16 model w/that level of mileage pretty much anywhere in the US. I was incredibly reasonable w/the asking price and honestly wondered what was taking so long. I saw much higher mileage '15s going for sale for $1000s more. And to brag, my FJR- like every bike I've owned- was immaculate and well maintained. Whoever was gonna buy my bike was buying a queen.

The buyer knew this and paid full price, didn't even debate. He had been dealing w/a shop down south who screwed him over on price w/a higher mileage '15 and then saw mine, so it was an easy deal w/him. At the same time, I had 2-3 other guys throwing $$ at me. Bottom line was the first person to show up w/full price got the bike. My buyer had been in constant contact w/me since he first reached out to me and told me he'd be here by 9a today- he was, cash in hand and blammo, done deal.

There's still lots of bikes out there f/s of all shapes and sizes. I figured mine had to be desirable as it's the most recent gen of the FJR and was a really good looking bike too. Dealerships may be stripped but cycletrader, ebay, criagslist are stocked up pretty good. Me, I almost never buy new. Cant stand paying the freight/set/dealership fees so used is pretty much the only way I buy.

Either way, I liked the buyer, we made a fair deal, and he's thrilled w/the bike. Doesn't get any better than that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts