Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If I try that here when I get my booster, it would be my luck that the provider will not get the joke, take offense to it, report me to the authorities, and have me thrown in County lockup for harassment.

This COVID thing has too many people on edge and hair trigger. I'm playing nice.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
581 Posts
and just wait until the forced firings take place for non vaccinating. a ton of pilots may walk out.
I think people with a union supporting them will walk out. Others likely will not when they realize they won’t get unemployment benefits. I’ve read work mandates have worked well getting people to get vaccinated.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
because there's no money in that Skant.
and I still wonder if those prion proteins in some of the shots aren't expected to accelerate mortality in older folks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
why is the goal getting people vaccinated and not getting people immune? why don't we count people who have had covid and now have immunity?
I just saw an article in the news a few minutes ago that says people who have received vaccines are much much more “immune” that people who have had Covid. See below.

But I do agree to a point. That was the whole point of achieving herd immunity. If we count the number with vaccines, and the number without a vaccine but who have had COVID, we could see how close we are to herd immunity.

·
Premium Member
13,746 Posts
This article is from 2017. Way before Covid. There are not many of these level 4 labs in the world. Imagine throwing a dart at a spinning glove. What are the odds that the dart lands in the same city as a level 4 lab that opened up to specialize in working with Viruses similar to Covid?

It's been around long enough for people to get comfortable and complacent. I dont think anyone wanted to do this, it was an accident.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm surprised no one mentioned this one. In 2018, Cycle World called this 1993 Yamaha "The Acura NSX Of Bikes".

View attachment 32719
I believe we're talking about new bikes as replacements for our aging N1Ks. In '93 I was still only interested in hypersports and owned an FZR1000 (same engine as this GTS). Had I been much older and perhaps ready for a proper sport-touring bike, I would have taken a serious look at this GTS. It was an amazing bike for the times.

Wheel Tire Jeans Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Premium Member
13,746 Posts
I rode one of those strange Yamahas. The front end should have taken over and become normal. This specific one was not perfect. Yamaha screwed up the length of the linkage. Their changes looked better, but screwed up the geometry.

That was one of the first bikes I ever rode that had the c14-like frame feel. As if the frame had been built from extra strong railroad track, then heat treated to be stronger. It was an excellent bike.

I liked this version. Think of the front end d strength as compared to squids bike.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
152 Posts
One of the older guys in my group (close to 80) decided he needed to hedge his odds while riding with us and picked up one of these (he had an S1000XR).

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Yamaha is famous for coming out with some crazy Sh!t! They claim it's safer to haul @ss on due to doubling the front contact patch. It didn't feel as weird as I thought it would and would definitely take me a bit to learn how to make go fast.

·
Registered
244 Posts
One of the older guys in my group (close to 80) decided he needed to hedge his odds while riding with us and picked up one of these (he had an S1000XR).

View attachment 32792

Yamaha is famous for coming out with some crazy Sh!t! They claim it's safer to haul @ss on due to doubling the front contact patch. It didn't feel as weird as I thought it would and would definitely take me a bit to learn how to make go fast.
Those are surprisingly fun to ride. I got to demo a GT version at a Yamaha demo day before the shenanigans hit and I gotta say, it was a ton of fun. If you blindfolded someone and didn't take off the blindfold until they were already on the bike ready to ride, they'd never know it had 3 wheels. It's wild.

·
Premium Member
13,746 Posts
This is where racing has screwed all of us. Imagine watching a Moto GP race where Yamaha, Honda, or even KTM was allowed to try a concept like this. It might suck, but I'll bet we would watch the race.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is where racing has screwed all of us. Imagine watching a Moto GP race where Yamaha, Honda, or even KTM was allowed to try a concept like this. It might suck, but I'll bet we would watch the race.
lol. Kinda like watching the King of the Baggers racing class. It's silly but I can't stop watching them. Scary and man do they haul @ss!

·
Registered
794 Posts
lol. Kinda like watching the King of the Baggers racing class. It's silly but I can't stop watching them. Scary and man do they haul @ss!
I talked to one of the guys who races KotB at the local Harley dealership. Said the bikes worth $80k. If you gave me a new ZX10R and $60k to put in it, that bike could race Motoamerica. I think it's silly

·
Premium Member
13,746 Posts
Back when they starter racing Superbikes, people felt the same way. Why would you race a kz1000 when you could buy a Yamaha Tz750 that was meant for the job?

It's cool for that exact reason For 60k, you or I could build an amazing zx10...and so could anyone. Even if you didn't know motorcycles, you could Google Search your way to a superbike.

Probably not with a bagger. Still, I think their opportunity is with open clas, naked bikes. Draw the line at 450lbs and 150hp.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts