Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do you still have a sprint?
I do not but I gotta tell ya, if Triumph came out with a direct competitor for the N1K, that would be my next ST ride. I'd be perfectly fine with having two triples in my garage.

Reactions: Rock

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE, 2022 Z900RS, 2022 SV650
104 Posts
I do not but I gotta tell ya, if Triumph came out with a direct competitor for the N1K, that would be my next ST ride. I'd be perfectly fine with having two triples in my garage.
Honda believe they have the very one for 2022, the NT1100 (based on the Africa Twin/Rebel 1100).
More T than S, and as bland as unsalted butter.

Rob.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Gotta say, based purely on looks, this one takes the cake, imo. I've always hated the long can stuck up by the rear wheel. This is just so much cleaner.
I agree. I'd like to see one in person and most importantly I'd love to see independent before and after dyno runs.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
152 Posts
Honda believe they have the very one for 2022, the NT1100 (based on the Africa Twin/Rebel 1100).
More T than S, and as bland as unsalted butter.

Rob.
So apropos to find this post. I just finished reading the entire NT1100 thread. I had been purposely avoiding it due to the sheer lunacy of comparing it to the N1K. I watched the video and had to rewind and then laugh that they compare it to the Tracer, N1K and the GS. The posts were passionate and clearly some folks here are intrigued. Fortunately I know myself well enough to know that I'll ride one when I get the chance but I'm pretty sure it's not for me. As I watched more of the videos I was struck by how invested Honda seems to be with this model. I get the feeling they're really hoping this thing doesn't flop. I've been riding for long enough and with enough different types that I think I understand who they're marketing this to. I just hope for the sport in general this thing sells.

Reactions: skant153

·
Premium Member
13,746 Posts
I like the Honda because it's close to a normal, average motorcycle that a person could buy and enjoy. For the guy who isnt even sure who made his motorcycle.

We need that , and we need those people to buy motorcycles. After they own this bike, and become experienced, now they can move up to more specialized , higher performance machines.

This would be a perfect bike for this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I like the Honda because it's close to a normal, average motorcycle that a person could buy and enjoy. For the guy who isnt even sure who made his motorcycle.

We need that , and we need those people to buy motorcycles. After they own this bike, and become experienced, now they can move up to more specialized , higher performance machines.

This would be a perfect bike for this.
I agree and believe Honda is banking on this.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE, 2022 Z900RS, 2022 SV650
104 Posts
Honda has a history of overpricing their bikes. Lets see where it falls.
Honda will price it at the very premium end of the Market. Their Africa Twin is overpriced, and so will be the NT1100, especially when fully decked out.
I expect they will price it as a Ducati MultiStrada. Suzuki's GT will kill it for sales in the market place.
Thankfully for the NT, Honda didn't call it the NT1100 Dullsville, (a.k.a Deauville).

In Australia, IF it flops, it will disappear after 2 years, just like all the overpriced and under marketed others.
OS, it comes in 3 colours, a matte Silver, a matte Black, and a gloss White.
Australia, according to AMCN Mag list, the only good one in my mind, the White, is not included.
Perhaps they want to pitch it as a Police bike to replace the VFR1200FP ?

Rob.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I rarely pay any attention to what the MSRP is for a particular bike/car I'm considering buying. Mfrs can set whatever MSRP they want, but the market conditions will dictate the selling price. Depending on how (un)popular the vehicle is, and as is the case right now, the availability/rarity, actual selling price can vary wildly, even for brand new stock. I don't think I've ever bought a brand new vehicle that wasn't discounted $thousands.

Right now OTOH, supply is tight and prices are high. It's not uncommon to see "market adjustment" explicitly added to the MSRP. For some vehicles, that can be $10k or more. Unless you absolutely need to buy a vehicle right now, it's best to wait. Looks like it might be at the very least a few more months, potentially far longer, before stock levels and pricing recover back to pre-shortage levels.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I buy "most" of my bikes used but paid full boat for my N1K since I had to have one of the first in the country. Same with my Duke 890R and "if" I can't resist a new GSX-SGT, that's gonna leave a big dent as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like it might be at the very least a few more months, potentially far longer, before stock levels and pricing recover back to pre-shortage levels.
At best, it will be the end of next year before we see any real improvement in actual inventory. Currently, arriving product is immediately sold and the wait for the next shipment begins. It will likely take several years before the normal supply/demand balance is restored unless demand suddenly drops significantly. If demand does not drop, this situation could easily last 5 to 10 years.

The US is also dealing with a significant driver shortage. This began over 10 years ago and has continued to get worse. OTR drivers are retiring and there are not enough new drivers to replace them. This situation will not be resolved until a sea change occurs in the trucking industry or we get self driving trucks. Typically when demand increases supply does as well. In this case, our transportation industry is unable to effectively respond to the increased demand brought about by Covid.

·
Registered
1998 Valkyrie, 2021 Ninja 1000SX
89 Posts
At best, it will be the end of next year before we see any real improvement in actual inventory. Currently, arriving product is immediately sold and the wait for the next shipment begins. It will likely take several years before the normal supply/demand balance is restored unless demand suddenly drops significantly. If demand does not drop, this situation could easily last 5 to 10 years.

The US is also dealing with a significant driver shortage. This began over 10 years ago and has continued to get worse. OTR drivers are retiring and there are not enough new drivers to replace them. This situation will not be resolved until a sea change occurs in the trucking industry or we get self driving trucks. Typically when demand increases supply does as well. In this case, our transportation industry is unable to effectively respond to the increased demand brought about by Covid.
this issue was further exacerbated by the forced shutdown of driving schools across the country due to covid. many people who want licenses have been sitting around waiting for training.

another problem people aren't well aware of is the unions who run the ports aren't releasing conexes to the transporters even though they're running out of storage room. trucks are literally sitting in port waiting on containers.

·
Premium Member
13,746 Posts
When you go for your vaccine, or booster, you go into a private area where you get your shot. Often times, others will be waiting. You know most waiting dont want to be there, or are halfway freaked out by getting a shot.

Get your shot, and be nice to the tech, nurse, or midwife that gives you the vaccine.

When you walk out of the room, act like you are adjusting your belt. say, "Thank you. I dont know why I had to be naked to receive the shot, but you let me keep my dignity.

Or...."

"THANK YOU! I can't believe a shot , in the eye, was so painless." Use your own words, but make it entertaining. My first and second shot was in public, but the 3rd was at a grocery store. I used the shot in the eye line and got some strange, scared looks.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts