Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
LAMS bike
I had to look up what that even is. That's just.......stupid. Those rules were clearly written by someone who doesn't ride motorcycles. I, too, am not selling my N1K any time soon. I do also want to get another bike though. Probably will be a power cruiser. But that's a ways down the line for now.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
167 Posts
Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am actually in the market for a second bike and I am really struggling to find something in that 600 ish class that just makes me want to own it no matter what.
Take a Duke 890 for a test ride when you get the chance. Don't get hung up on engine size. Of all the things that matter actual engine displacement has very little meaning. The Duke is a small light weight bike that is just plain fun.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I very nearly got a Ducati Supersport. The base model isn't that far off in price from the N1K, but there's just too make things that make the Supersport lackluster by comparison. It's way down on power and has crappy OEM luggage. And once you start adding accessories that the N1K comes with stock, the price skyrockets. I really want to own a Ducati, but I just couldn't justify it over the N1K. And I think that's the N1K's greatest success. It's an incredible value for the money. Hopefully the new Suzuki can match that part as well.
I was okay with its power, but the mirrors were basically useless at hwy speeds. The adjustable bikini screen is a joke. Still, I do think it has the making of a good gentleman's sportbike that can occasional do a short tour. Ducati needs to pump a good bit more refinement into it before I'd buy.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
729 Posts
I like my N1K and have no intention of moving it on in the near future but it doesn't set my pulse racing - You know how you see or ride something that just evokes that "feeling" of OMG I love this.

I am actually in the market for a second bike and I am really struggling to find something in that 600 ish class that just makes me want to own it no matter what. it probably doesn't help that nearly every 600ish bike in Aus seems to be a LAMS bike either. None of the full power versions seem to come into the country. Will probably just look for something second hand to be honest.
Get a 600 or 1000 that was someone's track bike. They have a ton of aftermarket goodies and are decently maintained

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just a suggestion:- Triumph Street Triple 675 (original version)
For example:- 2007 Triumph Street Triple 675 MY08 (bikesales.com.au)
About another dozen listed on Bikesales
Take a Duke 890 for a test ride when you get the chance. Don't get hung up on engine size. Of all the things that matter actual engine displacement has very little meaning. The Duke is a small light weight bike that is just plain fun.
I was okay with its power, but the mirrors were basically useless at hwy speeds. The adjustable bikini screen is a joke. Still, I do think it has the making of a good gentleman's sportbike that can occasional do a short tour. Ducati needs to pump a good bit more refinement into it before I'd buy.
Get a 600 or 1000 that was someone's track bike. They have a ton of aftermarket goodies and are decently maintained
Yeah I am thinking it will be something second hand - i am always shocked at how many bikes out there with low K's just sitting in sheds.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Fully agree. I didn't test ride one, so I can't comment on the mirrors, but everything else I think is spot on. It's a solid foundation, but it needs a lot of refinement to really compete as a sport-touring bike.

·
Registered
1998 Valkyrie, 2021 Ninja 1000SX
56 Posts
did anyone cry and complain that yamaha was copying the fireblade when they came out with the r1? of course competitors are going to come up with something to compete in a market where existing sales justify trying to break into the market.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Same here. The more competition the better. There is always someone that leads the pack then others follow. I would like to see a ninja'esque bike from every manufacturer.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
that tease then went around the internet a couple of months ago for a patent being filed for v4 VFR 1100 really got me excited. But I think it was just that: A tease.
That would have been really cool.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This bike is giving me the same feeling I had when I first saw an N1K. I needed to replace my fully setup (Ivanized) 06 FZ1 (which replaced a Sprint ST) and when I first laid eyes on the N1K I knew I was going to get one.

·
Registered
539 Posts
This bike is giving me the same feeling I had when I first saw an N1K. I needed to replace my fully setup (Ivanized) 06 FZ1 (which replaced a Sprint ST) and when I first laid eyes on the N1K I knew I was going to get one.
I have similar feelings. And most of the time I follow through. But retirement makes me less impulsive on buying new vehicles,

121 - 136 of 136 Posts