Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
This bike is giving me the same feeling I had when I first saw an N1K. I needed to replace my fully setup (Ivanized) 06 FZ1 (which replaced a Sprint ST) and when I first laid eyes on the N1K I knew I was going to get one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have similar feelings. And most of the time I follow through. But retirement makes me less impulsive on buying new vehicles,
Really? I would have never guessed! lol

Reactions: jjscsix

·
Registered
287 Posts
Luckily my 2011 is getting very long in the tooth (for me). It just has to last a few more months. When those GSX-SGTs start showing up I'm gonna be very tempted to update my ST ride. I'm already trying to figure out which exhaust I'm gonna throw on. :p
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do you still have a sprint?
I do not but I gotta tell ya, if Triumph came out with a direct competitor for the N1K, that would be my next ST ride. I'd be perfectly fine with having two triples in my garage.

Reactions: Rock

·
Registered
287 Posts
Gotta say, based purely on looks, this one takes the cake, imo. I've always hated the long can stuck up by the rear wheel. This is just so much cleaner.
I agree. I'd like to see one in person and most importantly I'd love to see independent before and after dyno runs.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
287 Posts
Honda believe they have the very one for 2022, the NT1100 (based on the Africa Twin/Rebel 1100).
More T than S, and as bland as unsalted butter.

Rob.
So apropos to find this post. I just finished reading the entire NT1100 thread. I had been purposely avoiding it due to the sheer lunacy of comparing it to the N1K. I watched the video and had to rewind and then laugh that they compare it to the Tracer, N1K and the GS. The posts were passionate and clearly some folks here are intrigued. Fortunately I know myself well enough to know that I'll ride one when I get the chance but I'm pretty sure it's not for me. As I watched more of the videos I was struck by how invested Honda seems to be with this model. I get the feeling they're really hoping this thing doesn't flop. I've been riding for long enough and with enough different types that I think I understand who they're marketing this to. I just hope for the sport in general this thing sells.

Reactions: skant153

·
Registered
287 Posts
I like the Honda because it's close to a normal, average motorcycle that a person could buy and enjoy. For the guy who isnt even sure who made his motorcycle.

We need that , and we need those people to buy motorcycles. After they own this bike, and become experienced, now they can move up to more specialized , higher performance machines.

This would be a perfect bike for this.
I agree and believe Honda is banking on this.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
287 Posts
I buy "most" of my bikes used but paid full boat for my N1K since I had to have one of the first in the country. Same with my Duke 890R and "if" I can't resist a new GSX-SGT, that's gonna leave a big dent as well.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm surprised no one mentioned this one. In 2018, Cycle World called this 1993 Yamaha "The Acura NSX Of Bikes".

View attachment 32719
I believe we're talking about new bikes as replacements for our aging N1Ks. In '93 I was still only interested in hypersports and owned an FZR1000 (same engine as this GTS). Had I been much older and perhaps ready for a proper sport-touring bike, I would have taken a serious look at this GTS. It was an amazing bike for the times.

Wheel Tire Jeans Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
287 Posts
One of the older guys in my group (close to 80) decided he needed to hedge his odds while riding with us and picked up one of these (he had an S1000XR).

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Yamaha is famous for coming out with some crazy Sh!t! They claim it's safer to haul @ss on due to doubling the front contact patch. It didn't feel as weird as I thought it would and would definitely take me a bit to learn how to make go fast.

·
Registered
287 Posts
This is where racing has screwed all of us. Imagine watching a Moto GP race where Yamaha, Honda, or even KTM was allowed to try a concept like this. It might suck, but I'll bet we would watch the race.
lol. Kinda like watching the King of the Baggers racing class. It's silly but I can't stop watching them. Scary and man do they haul @ss!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Back when they starter racing Superbikes, people felt the same way. Why would you race a kz1000 when you could buy a Yamaha Tz750 that was meant for the job?

It's cool for that exact reason For 60k, you or I could build an amazing zx10...and so could anyone. Even if you didn't know motorcycles, you could Google Search your way to a superbike.

Probably not with a bagger. Still, I think their opportunity is with open class, naked bikes. Draw the line at 450lbs and 150hp.
They've definitely tossed that idea around for a while.

RAW RACING WORLD SUPERBIKES NAKED CLASS - Australian Motorcycle News (amcn.com.au)

BSB actively pursuing a naked class (bennetts.co.uk)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.