Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
You know what they say about imitation... Who knows it may lead to some increases in technology gains as well as comfort. Honestly, most of us had to do something to our rides to assist in that arena (even though I love her).

Thx for sharing this also - I did not know this was even released.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
Wow. That is the most beautiful motorcycle I've rver seen. I love ❤ the pretty fuel tank, especially..I always appreciated the style , and shape of MV Augusta, but compared to this, they need to go back to design school.

I love the "low rpm assist" Perfect for the beginner who has not mastered the clutch, but buys a 1000cc motorcycle .

It would be selfish to ask for more. I saw the 19,000 price, but that is in Australian yen. It think Australia uses yen? I feel like I made an error in converting to US dollars because my conversion program says the US equivalent is $136.00

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Australia uses the Krugerrand.
It's about $13.5k US.

given that the bike is around 1000 pounds more in the UK. that price point makes since.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The bad:

1. Not a big fan of the R1 headlights but the styling is otherwise non-offensive.
2. I've never liked the tubular handlebars of the GSXS series, and this one doesn't convince me otherwise. Just cheapens the look of the bike, but again, not horrible.
3. No center stand, but neither does the N1k.

The good:

a. A proper ST subframe... finally.
b. Stock exhaust can that isn't a potato cannon. Looks sleek enough, I might not need aftermarket can.
c. That glorious K5 mill! I like that engine a whole lot better than the N1k.
d. Wide frame-mounted mirrors. Will to see in person, but my guess is very usable.
e. 5gal fuel tank.

This is one bike I've been very interested in ever since Suzi let out the rumors of its existence. It's what the originaly GSX-S1000F shoul've have been. Better later than never. Without a test ride, I'd say it's not spectacular enough for me to want to rush out and trade in my N1k, but it definitely is on top of my shortlist when the time comes.

Reactions: Riv

·
Registered
62 Posts
Reminds me of those fake knock off chinese exhaust systems, bad move Suzuki. If you really look at it you can see they copied a few styling ques from a number of bikes.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I respectfully disagree. That is not an N1k clone. There are way too many differences between that bike and ours.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
it's similar enough to be familiar (in a good way), yet different enough to have some improvements over the Ninja. I kind of like it.
Looks a heck of allot easier to mod, and perhaps needs less.

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
If you wanted to mod something, you would be better off with a real k5 suzuki. Maybe even the older gsx-f. Especially if you didn't care about a passenger, or bags.

The rubber mounted pegs suck and a big, heavy subframe isn't needed if you are not using it.

Plus, this bike makes yamahas mt10 look pretty.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
181 Posts
The bad:

1. Not a big fan of the R1 headlights but the styling is otherwise non-offensive.
2. I've never liked the tubular handlebars of the GSXS series, and this one doesn't convince me otherwise. Just cheapens the look of the bike, but again, not horrible.
3. No center stand, but neither does the N1k.

The good:

a. A proper ST subframe... finally.
b. Stock exhaust can that isn't a potato cannon. Looks sleek enough, I might not need aftermarket can.
c. That glorious K5 mill! I like that engine a whole lot better than the N1k.
d. Wide frame-mounted mirrors. Will to see in person, but my guess is very usable.
e. 5gal fuel tank.

This is one bike I've been very interested in ever since Suzi let out the rumors of its existence. It's what the originaly GSX-S1000F shoul've have been. Better later than never. Without a test ride, I'd say it's not spectacular enough for me to want to rush out and trade in my N1k, but it definitely is on top of my shortlist when the time comes.
I would love tubular bars on my '16. Way more options for easy accessory mounts. I just want to be able to mount a GoPro without 3M sticky tape or putting stuff on my helmet.

I also like that it's 999cc so you don't get the 1000cc insurance ding, fucking Ninja...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm glad to see more competition in the ST market. Good job, Suzuki for bringing this to market when the new 'Busa will likely flop.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I'm glad to see more competition in the ST market. Good job, Suzuki for bringing this to market when the new 'Busa will likely flop.
Now this is something I agree with. Now it's Yamaha's turn to step up to the plate with a fully-faired MT-10 and for Honda to bring back the Interceptor with 1,000 cc's, no VTEC, and a minimum 150 bhp. It would be cool if Aprilia, BMW, and Triumph did the same thing. And don't ask me what Ducati was thinking when they decided the Supersport 950 should only have 115 bph. I don't get that.

If the Busa bombs it isn't because it's a bad bike. Back when they were selling in high numbers, I think it's because people were attracted to that magical 200 bhp number (and if they had to get a large bike with 1,300 cc's, so be it). The problem with that now is that most (if not all) liter bikes are at 200+ bhp (and the new Busa is still there).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Now this is something I agree with. Now it's Yamaha's turn to step up to the plate with a fully-faired MT-10 and for Honda to bring back the Interceptor with 1,000 cc's, no VTEC, and a minimum 150 bhp. It would be cool if Aprilia, BMW, and Triumph did the same thing. And don't ask me what Ducati was thinking when they decided the Supersport 950 should only have 115 bph. I don't get that.

If the Busa bombs it isn't because it's a bad bike. Back when they were selling in high numbers, I think it's because people were attracted to that magical 200 bhp number (and if they had to get a large bike with 1,300 cc's, so be it). The problem with that now is that most (if not all) liter bikes are at 200+ bhp (and the new Busa is still there).
All Yamaha would have to do to take control of the ST market is put the VMax engine in a capable chassis, god dam cue tips be runnin ****.
Tire Wheel White Fuel tank Light

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Before settling on an N1K, I looked at a number of bikes (one of which was the VMAX). When testing it, motojournalists were reporting an average range of about 83 miles. No joke. With a 4 gallon tank, that comes out to about 21 mpg (dismal for a motorcycle). I read that, when merely cruising, it was averaging only 28 mpg (and when constantly riding hard, about 15 mpg was common). I supposed that's expected for a massive 1.7L V4.

I passed.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Before settling on an N1K, I looked at a number of bikes (one of which was the VMAX). When testing it, motojournalists were reporting an average range of about 83 miles. No joke. With a 4 gallon tank, that comes out to about 21 mpg (dismal for a motorcycle). I read that, when merely cruising, it was averaging only 28 mpg (and when constantly riding hard, about 15 mpg was common). I supposed that's expected for a massive 1.7L V4.

I passed.
Additionally I think the size and weight of that motor would be an issue. To me the idea of a sport tourer is something that is relatively light and agile.. Would be hard to do with a 1.7 liter V4.

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
Yamaha did have a touring version of the vmax. I dont believe anyone ever used the word "sport" when describing it. Back in its day, it was a match for a Goldwing. Suzuki even had a large tourer with a big v-4. The suzuki is the blue bike.

The v max came out after this. This big yamaha wasnt that popular and yamaha has spent a lot of money developing this v four. The v max was created to find a use for this big, heavy motor.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Window

1 - 20 of 153 Posts