Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Anyone installed this system?

I don’t normally forget to turn off my indicators but this is cheap and gets good reviews
If you are going to get one currently if you go to the ST2 website and put in the coupon code HALLOWEEN33 you will get free shipping and I think 30% off I don't know how long the code will work for

Product Azure Rectangle Font Parallel

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are going to get one currently if you go to the ST2 website and put in the coupon code HALLOWEEN33 you will get free shipping and I think 30% off I don't know how long the code will work for

View attachment 32820
Bargain, with further investigation seems they don't work with all bikes. My luck they will end up being another garage filler

·
Registered
109 Posts
Honestly, I purchased but the amount of wire cutting and switch modification seems to be too much for what you get in return. I just tossed the module in the toolbox. The brake light module for braking on downshifting was worth adding. Anything to prevent someone from bashing into the back is always a good module.

Code: RIDESMART33

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
The only thing I don't like about it.....don't get me wrong....this is a mod or a piece of hardware that I desperately need, but I've never bought one because of the type of turn signal switch we use. You can't really change the switch. I guess you could if you didn't care how the bike looked.

You have to add rubber stops to the turn signal switch. I've done this part of a signal system, before, and it sucks. It's hard to keep the rubber stops in place. Once you do, I'm sure it's fine.

There is another system that offers an easier install. The Kisan unit. Someone on the forum gave me one. I liked it, a lot. Install was simple as all you did was replace the turn signal relay.

Mine burned up within 1/2 a day. I 100% know mine did not have a ground wire, so maybe they fixed it? The cost is 109.00, or so, but the install was nothing, so it was worth it. The owner blamed my led bulbs and would not warranty the piece since I didn't have a receipt. If you bought one and had trouble, save your receipt.

It was a lot more simple and not as accurate, but I would have kept it in if it had been durable. If you don't use the rear brake flash, you don't cut into anything, or tap into anything.

I'll send them an e mail. If he says it's been upgraded to work with led, and they will offer a real legit 1 month warranty, I'll try it again. The Smart system is way better, but this one avoids the wire cutting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts