Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you folks doing for security? Alarm system? Disc brake lock with siren! Chain? Nothing? I plan on taking some overnight trips and would like to be sure my girl is still there when I wake up in the morning if you know what I mean.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good insurance! Hahaha...no really. You aren't really gonna stop a determined thief. If they know what they are doing you're not even gonna slow them down. All you can do is keep the "honest" honest.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good insurance! Hahaha...no really. You aren't really gonna stop a determined thief. If they know what they are doing you're not even gonna slow them down. All you can do is keep the "honest" honest.
I know what you are saying. I was doing some searches on Revzilla for some riding gear and saw the security section. Isn't it a darn shame that a website has a complete section of things to keep your bike from getting stolen??

I was thinking after some research to get the disc brake lock that has the alarm in it. Then a chain I can secure the bike to something immobile. After that, if they want it, I guess they can take it. Not much else I can do.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When I was stationed in NC, there was a group of thieves that would steal bikes in broad daylight, even from the front space at the mall. 4 guys would jump out, throw a pipe between each wheel, 1 guy on each corner would lift and either throw it in the back of a truck or walk it right into a van. They could have any bike stolen in less than 30 seconds. Why worry about damage, it's free? Only way to defeat them was to chain it to the ground.

·
Registered
148 Posts
in open garage, Kriptonite Chain and Lock, Gorilla alarm, and a DVR with camera keeping check. I only use alarm when out somewhere. I also keep it on both front and rear stands, Normally Covered with bike cover. My waianae neighborhood in Hawaii,on Oahu is considered a high crime area. Never had a problem. Possibly because im a L.E.O

·
Registered
148 Posts
What are you folks doing for security? Alarm system? Disc brake lock with siren! Chain? Nothing? I plan on taking some overnight trips and would like to be sure my girl is still there when I wake up in the morning if you know what I mean.....
---------------------------------------------

The Best Protection By Far..........

Reactions: Clint1975

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I'm going to get two rotor locks and a good chain and lock. Just sucks to have to carry this kind of weight around. I just wish there was a better way to do it than chains and locks. **** thieves suck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts