Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I did a search for different seat heights and it seams most of the posts are inquiring about a shorter seat. I am 6"4" and was wondering if there is a factory (or other) seat option for taller guys. The N400 that I am coming from had a taller seat available from the factory. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Black N1K.
137 Posts
I have never heard of a factory taller seat available. Besides going to an upholsterer and getting it raised, the other option would be an air hawk, which would add a little height & comfort.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
94 Posts
If you're looking for more leg room there may be aftermarket lower foot pegs available. Afaik, there's no problem with foot peg clearance with the standards.

·
Registered
870 Posts

15mm doesn't sound like much, but it is taller.

Reactions: Oramac

·
Registered
371 Posts
Kawasaki offers the Ergo-Fit Extended Reach seat.

Oops....Volfy got in there a head of me, while I was trying to get the link.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
there's an upholsterer in Florida that will custom pad the seat but he even says you can't go too high on the Ninja without dangerously interfering with the COG.
If I keep mine I'm going to poof up the seat a little and rear-set the pegs. I have a 34" inseam and the Ninja is too tight for me so I imagine it's worse for you, but I wouldn't remedy that by adding serious height to the seat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all I did a search for different seat heights and it seams most of the posts are inquiring about a shorter seat. I am 6"4" and was wondering if there is a factory (or other) seat option for taller guys. The N400 that I am coming from had a taller seat available from the factory. Any input is greatly appreciated.
I'm also 6'4" with a 36 inch inseam. I find the N1K actually pretty comfortable, though I too have been seeking a different seat/peg setup. My primary issue with the seat isn't the height, it's the forward tilt, which I find annoying. That said, there are some options for us.

If you're looking for more leg room there may be aftermarket lower foot pegs available. Afaik, there's no problem with foot peg clearance with the standards.
There are lowered pegs for the N1K. This place says they're only for 2011-2019, but I have no reason to believe they wouldn't work on a 20+ either.

15mm doesn't sound like much, but it is taller.
15mm is about .6 inches. Not a ton, but it would definitely make a difference. My only gripe with the OEM extended seat is the price. I can't justify spending 500 freakin bucks on it.

·
Premium Member
12,810 Posts
Several people bought the Sargent seat and had 1 inch added to the foam.

The rearsets I have lower rhe pegs 15mm, and lower them 15mm. That's nothing, but you really notice it. Feels like much more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all so much! Gives me something to think about. The Kawi Ergo seat is way too expensive. Rearsets may be the way to go...

I did the rears mod on my Hayabusa as I recall.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed Knight Designs lowering pegs as well as Murphs risers. The difference is amazing. I'm 6'0, and my main issue was comfort coming from an HD Street Glide. The combination of the two feels pretty damn good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just installed Knight Designs lowering pegs as well as Murphs risers. The difference is amazing. I'm 6'0, and my main issue was comfort coming from an HD Street Glide. The combination of the two feels pretty damn good.
Glad to know the pegs work! What year is your N1K? Have you done anything with the seat either?

For my reference, what size shoe do you wear too? I'm 6'4" in a US size 13 and my heel actually hits the passenger peg with the stock peg location. I'm debating on the knight drop pegs but don't want them to cause even more clearance issues with the passenger pegs. Currently I'm actually able to use the pass pegs as a kind of heel rest, which works surprisingly well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you find a seat that works, let me know. I know I need a more comfortable one before summer trip time.

I wish it was like HD, where I could go to any dealership and borrow aftermarket seats to try out. I'm not reallynfeeling like gambling $350-$500 on one of the few options.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not reallynfeeling like gambling $350-$500 on one of the few options.
Hell, the OEM extended seat isn't worth $500 even if it's perfect. Definitely agree with you on all that. I've heard good things about the Sargant seats, but haven't had the chance to try one out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts