Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have any of you guys got the new Scorpion exhausts on your ninja. I like the look of these cans! ...so do they sound as good as they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been thinking about a set of these for mine. I just put an Akrapovic header system and eliminated the CAT. However, I have the Urban Brawlers, and it's just wayyy tooo loud!! Here is a video of mine and also a video of someone with the Scorpions still running the CAT. If anyone has any info on where to find these in the US, please let me know.

My Akrapovic with Urban Brawlers: https://youtu.be/Yq9SLA8A-Uo
Video of Scorpions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCw7jXPrHDY

·
Registered
45 Posts
Serket Tapers

I have the Scorpion stainless Serket Tapers on my 14 N1K. I love them and they sound fantastic. They weigh less than air, fit perfectly, are designed for the stock fuel map and never need repacking. I run them without the db killers and they aren't loud, just lovely. Brilliant

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the Scorpion stainless Serket Tapers on my 14 N1K. I love them and they sound fantastic. They weigh less than air, fit perfectly, are designed for the stock fuel map and never need repacking. I run them without the db killers and they aren't loud, just lovely. Brilliant
very nice and they work with the oem bags to boot.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I really like Scorpion exhausts. Problem is, they've gone from affordable in the past, to being just as much as any other major brand nowadays. Cheapest I could find for our bikes is $945. That's a lot for a pair of cans! The full Leo Vince exhaust for my Ninja 650 was $200 less. And even that was borderline robbery, lol. I don't get why exhausts for N1K's are so expensive compared to other bikes. There's so little to it, just a pair of cans, and a small amount of piping to connect them to the muffler/cat.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Picked up a set of the carbon fiber Scorpion Serket Tapers... nice little bump in performance, great exhaust note and lost several pounds on the bike. Sounds like stock with the db killers in and deep and growly but not too loud with them out. Howls like a Moto GP bike above 8,000 rpm. :p

It was an amazing day... one with the bike.... perfect weather, freshly scrubbed in set of Angels, fresh oil and chain maintenance and the new Scorpions to top it off. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried this Scorpion? Scorpion Oval Slip-on Exhaust | EKA87SEO

Looks like the older style, and for a Z1000, but I'm betting they'll fit the N1K. I wonder if they'll clear the OEM hard bags.

Actually, I picked up a set of those, in carbon fiber. I found them on eBay for $300USD. They're a beautiful exhaust, much lighter. They have a deeper sound. Baffles in, not any louder than stock. Baffles out, the sound got deeper, and not much louder. It was weird, the left exhaust fit perfectly, but I had to cut about a 1/4" off of the pipe (where it goes into the collector) to get it to line up with the exhaust hanger. It wasn't a big deal, it took two minutes with the zip cut. I'm not sure if they'd work with stock luggage (I don't have luggage), but they did not sit any higher than the stock exhaust. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Actually, I picked up a set of those, in carbon fiber. I found them on eBay for $300USD. They're a beautiful exhaust, much lighter. They have a deeper sound. Baffles in, not any louder than stock. Baffles out, the sound got deeper, and not much louder. It was weird, the left exhaust fit perfectly, but I had to cut about a 1/4" off of the pipe (where it goes into the collector) to get it to line up with the exhaust hanger. It wasn't a big deal, it took two minutes with the zip cut. I'm not sure if they'd work with stock luggage (I don't have luggage), but they did not sit any higher than the stock exhaust. Hope this helps.
Interesting. Now I'm tempted to be the guinea pig and try them, lol! Have any pics to share?

·
Premium Member
12,179 Posts
As far as cost goes....

Akrapovik was called Scorpion several years back. Obviously, Scorpion did not like this, so a suit was filed.

At that point, Akrapovic 's owner decided to use his last name as the company name, and re image the brand as a "premium" product. Yes, he was pretty successful.

What they cant have is a mail order place selling an exhaust for 400.00 less than a local shop. They set minimum price levels. If you are caught selling below that, you are cut off and cannot sell the brand.

Lets use HJC helmets as an example. They cost the same, online as they do in a local shop. Most of the exhaust systems do, too. Arai and Shoei do , too. Now, most places do this.

Leo Vince said, "F that. We will distribute our own......" I dont know if they are even in business now. Its too bad. They had awesoem products and were heavily discounted. I paid 350.00 for my slip ons and quality is excellent, but the distributors dont push the line to dealers, thus , nothing gets sold.

Thats why places like Rocky Mountain atv have Tusk brand or Cyclegear sells "Built" brand as a way to skirt this minimum price thing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts