Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000sx
8 Posts
I am in Australia, and i just emailed the AUS wholesale distributer and asked what the process was.

That ended up being just letting them know what I was after, and them giving me the contact details of a bike shop that was near me. Contacted the local shop who placed the order with the distributer on my behalf, and the distributer put the order in with Scorpion.

That was a couple of weeks ago, and they emailed earlier in the week advising scorpion were shipping it this week, so fingers crossed should be in my hands within a fortnight.

I ordered the Red Power in Black Ceramic, so once it arrives and I fit it i'll post some pics.

I looked at the Akra and Arrow options - my other bike has an Akra (2019 Ninja 400) and it sounds amazing, but looking the option for the 2020 Ninja 1000 it is basically the same giant size as
the stock hairdryer, and is ridiculously expensive. Oh and all the AUS dealers would take my money, but would not guarantee receiving one inside of 3 months)

Arrow looks better than the Akra, but still oversized considering, and the AUS importer of Arrow exhausts didn't know if they would even get stock in this year.

Edit : I went to the Scoprion site to try and find the Canadian importer, but looks like there isn't one : instead there is this info

Could try contacting them, there might be someone in NA or UK/EU that they can put you in touch with the order.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
I believe the big manufacturers are afraid of lawsuits and they dont want to be caught selling non euro 5 approved slip ons.

Like you mentioned....they are large enough to be good weapons. No need for that unless you are building to be emissions compliant.

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Australia, and i just emailed the AUS wholesale distributer and asked what the process was.

That ended up being just letting them know what I was after, and them giving me the contact details of a bike shop that was near me. Contacted the local shop who placed the order with the distributer on my behalf, and the distributer put the order in with Scorpion.

That was a couple of weeks ago, and they emailed earlier in the week advising scorpion were shipping it this week, so fingers crossed should be in my hands within a fortnight.

I ordered the Red Power in Black Ceramic, so once it arrives and I fit it i'll post some pics.

I looked at the Akra and Arrow options - my other bike has an Akra (2019 Ninja 400) and it sounds amazing, but looking the option for the 2020 Ninja 1000 it is basically the same giant size as
the stock hairdryer, and is ridiculously expensive. Oh and all the AUS dealers would take my money, but would not guarantee receiving one inside of 3 months)

Arrow looks better than the Akra, but still oversized considering, and the AUS importer of Arrow exhausts didn't know if they would even get stock in this year.

Edit : I went to the Scoprion site to try and find the Canadian importer, but looks like there isn't one : instead there is this info

Could try contacting them, there might be someone in NA or UK/EU that they can put you in touch with the order.

View attachment 30069
Would love to see pics when you install it and if possible how it sounds. What's the pricing like in Australia?

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000sx
8 Posts
I will post some pics and try to get some decent audio of it as well.

The Australian Importer is here : $1149 (AUD) SCORPION SLIP ON RED POWER BLK CERAMIC

I am guessing since I have ordered one, it has now populated their site with the details - I had to email and arrange for things.

I think they charged me $50 on top of that for shipping and handling etc

$1290 - Akra from distributor (Akrapovic Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX (2020) Slip-On System S-K10SO24-HRC)
NB: MotoHeaven just looks like it is pulling info straight from Whites Moto

$890 - Arrow from distributor (ARROW SILENCER [AOE]: INDY RACE ALUM DARK W CBN E/CAP - KAWA NINJA 1000 - Link International)

These are all RRP so if actually buying from a dealer, especially any of the bigger ones, they will add at least another couple of hundred to the cost, plus around $100 for install.

For my Ninja 400 i got an Akra, and it was on sale and I got it for about $1400, reduced from $1800 or something. Needless to say I only realized after the fact when doing more research for my wife's bike how much the dealers and shops were adding onto the distributors RRP.

And also that actually putting it on the bike these days is a 15min job with basic tools. Although for the 400 i got the filters and sprocket changed, and the ECU flashed so I just had them do it all.

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that’s close to the Akra in price. I was hoping it would be a little cheaper. Looks like Leo Vince is the cheapest slip on among the lot.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wow that’s close to the Akra in price. I was hoping it would be a little cheaper. Looks like Leo Vince is the cheapest slip on among the lot.
Yoshimura has Finally come out with one that is in the price range of the Leo Vince. But I have been trading e-mails with them and they won’t sell one without the riveted on name badge. That is a non starter for me. I don’t want the name taking up half the looks of it.

At least with the Akra it’s just a stick on label. But I really don’t want to spend over $700 for it and it sounds just like stock.

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yoshimura has Finally come out with one that is in the price range of the Leo Vince. But I have been trading e-mails with them and they won’t sell one without the riveted on name badge. That is a non starter for me. I don’t want the name taking up half the looks of it.

At least with the Akra it’s just a stick on label. But I really don’t want to spend over $700 for it and it sounds just like stock.
Yea i agree that name badge on the Yoshi is big and ugly. I'm not a big fan of the leo vince branding on the exhaust as well. It's etched in so can't really remove it. It does seem a lot to spend just to loose a few pounds of weight from the stock exhaust. Might just end up getting the Leo Vince for it's price

·
Registered
621 Posts
Unless you get rid of the belly wart, you likely won't change the sound or performance much.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Unless you get rid of the belly wart, you likely won't change the sound or performance much.
Performance I agree. But I had my muffler off my new 2020 and rode it about five miles when I was wanting to see if it effected the pull to the right. I can assure you it sounded good enough that I rode easy so as to not attract unwanted attention. That tells me they most certainly can make A muffler that sounds a lot better.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I posted on that months ago Roland. It seemed to improve it, but not conclusively as the road I was on was not as level as I would have liked.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I missed the part about the pull to the right. I'll have to go look it up.

On my '18, I fired up the bike without the cans, but with the belly wart. The volume was louder, but the tone and character of the exhaust was about the same.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I missed the part about the pull to the right. I'll have to go look it up.

On my '18, I fired up the bike without the cans, but with the belly wart. The volume was louder, but the tone and character of the exhaust was about the same.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Looks like scorpion launched some slip on options for the 2020 ninja. Can’t seem to find where to get them in Canada

Sadly, Scorpion has no distributor in Canada any longer.
These folks seemed to be the best option for now, but the exchange rate made it cost prohibitive - in my opinion.

Rob

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sadly, Scorpion has no distributor in Canada any longer.
These folks seemed to be the best option for now, but the exchange rate made it cost prohibitive - in my opinion.

Rob
that's expensive. Probably cheaper to order it from the UK and have it shipped to Canada

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Jjs,now I remember. Was it his thread?

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000sx
8 Posts

Also bought some Daytona Footpegs off of WeBike :

Which fit perfectly, and make the bike feel completely correct - pegs were stable and shifting weight around felt responsive and with excellent feedback.

No feelings of the bike pulling one way or another, cruise control actually felt safe and secure to use.

The weight difference in the pipes is massive, that OEM exhaust felt like it weighed 4x what the scorpion does.

WIll try and get some audio tomorrow of a flyby - had my wife take some in the street but there was too much traffic, and at low speed hard to hear the exhaust over the engine noise.

I still have the baffle in though, so will try with it both in and out.

The exhaust sounds a lot deeper, with nice burbling when downshifting using engine braking.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Webike Japan always charges top dollar, but those pegs are really nice. I liked not having the rubber tops, too.

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000sx
8 Posts
Worth every dollar. And being in AUS means that everything is expensive anyway, I was looking at PUIG pegs, and if anyone in AU actually had the correct bracket, it still would have cost over $200
MFW was another brand, and again correct bracket + peg was nearly $200

But no one in AU had the correct bracket for this bike, and at least for the PUIG the one place I found on Amazon was overseas and wanted $70AUD + $90 AUD in postage or something crazy like that. And that was just for the bracket, would still have needed to buy the actual pegs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts