Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stopped at a signal light and noticed a sport bike coming the other way. Twin headlights like our bikes but I'm not sure what model it was. Anyway the headlight on the left side was either an HID or LED but the headlight on the right side was yellow. Not amber but yellow like some of the old european cars used to have. Here in California the law says the forward lights must be of the white or yellow light spectrum so it's legal here. It was very noticeable and looked to be a great idea for visibility. Anyone know where I can get a yellow H7 of good quality?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just as a follow up, I found several online but like I said originally..."good quality". I don't want some cheap Pep Boys special.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
Yes, I've done just this with my Ninja 1000. I saw an article int he old SuperStreetbike magazine taking about the yellow bulbs, and it made sense wiht regards to visibility. Heres the article.

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 | Longterm Test | Super Streetbike

Anyway, I followed what they did 100% and ordered a bulb from here. Mine is the h7 55w????

Headlight Bulbs by HeadlightBulbs.com

Its bright, and has lasted a year and a half. No idea if the idea works, or not, but as you noticed you did see an remember the sportbike you saw.

Its good at night, too. Especially good if its foggy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts