Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
441 Posts
I have size 12 and with the stock exhaust is tight. Putting on aftermarket exhaust, helped a ton.
I have kept my rear sets at stock position, and drag toes a lot. I'm concerned that if I raise the height of the pegs something hard will scrape. I'd rather drag boots than solids.

Automotive tire Finger Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Good point about dragging solid things. My ak 20 fork cartridges were longer than the stock parts and the penske shock is longer, too. My bike sits a little higher than a stock bike. Probably 1/2"ish.

Of course, I never measured. I had the aftermarket parts bolted in place before I realized how smart it would have been to meaure.

The shock was easy enough, but the forks were not. It was nice to have the suspension, but not knowing how much taller the bike was took the edge off of that, and I felt stupid.

I expected vibration to increase being that these are solid. If it did, it wasnt enough to matter. The solidly mounted pegs more than made up for it.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
In addition to what Rock mentioned, you get some other things , on this bike.

The aftermarket rearsets would have solid mounts. The stock rearsets are rubber mounted. You only touch the motorcycle with your hands, your ***, and your feet. Having one of these areas rubber mounted makes the bike feel strange. A disconnected feeling, for lack of a better description. The solid mounts eliminate this. The solid mounts also move the pegs toward the center of the motorcycle. It's a more secure, normal feel than the rubber mounts offer.

The aftermarket parts also have the shift lever, and brake lever supported on ball bearings. The feel, of both, are much nicer when the bearings are added. The shifting is more positive and exact. The rear brake still sucks, but it sucks less.

It also helps (feel), and it opens up the rider triangle when the aftermarket pegs dont have rubber tops.

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
I find it takes pressure off my knees but leaning forward sort of helps it work.
Tell your knees to stop arguing 😀
Nah, I treated them to lower pegs and they pay me back by letting me jump off the bike after 500 miles and walk around without pain. Seems like a fair deal to me. :geek:

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
My old knees would disagree that more bent further back is for comfort.
My knees have seen more use than Rocks member at a Swingers Convention.

I'm in my rearsets about 140.00, total. They are worth that. The improved shifting is nice. Comfort? Ok... I think mine are real rizomas, but they didnt pass quality control. In the bright sun, the right side anodizing doesnt match the left. It's more smoked than black. No big deal. They all get scratched and worn. Comfort really wouldnt be a good reason to buy them as they just dont change the peg position, much. 10 or 15mm isnt much.

If you dont mind the rubber mounted pegs, the zx6 pegs are like 4.00, on ebay, and offer more extra room than I have, now.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Nah, I treated them to lower pegs and they pay me back by letting me jump off the bike after 500 miles and walk around without pain. Seems like a fair deal to me. :geek:
The thing is they work for some poeple, even if not others. Apparently they are very useful or no one would ever swap out stock pegs for them.
Speaking of swap, onto RC's post.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts