Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I do Stick with nice subdued black of do we go with hey look at me gold? If I do the gold, Then the wheels will have to match.
Bicycle part Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part Font Nickel
Bicycle part Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part Font Nickel
Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Bicycle part Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part Font Nickel Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part Font Nickel Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Registered
you'll have to get all new friends, new clothes, a new nickname...it's allot of work.

Registered
At least black is nearly always black or close enough - Colours tend to fade and not always match between brands - So unless you can "theme" the bike all in one hit with the exact same colors - Blacks are the go.

Registered
The raw billet aluminum looks best to me but if it's black or gold, I would go with black gold looks well hanky.

Registered
I've been on the fence about getting rearsets. I'm liking these ones with beefier pivot bearings integrated into the foot pegs.
Product Bicycle part Font Automotive exterior Automotive design

Premium Member
The only thing I would mention is the rearsets don't do much to make the peg lower. You lose the rubber covers. Notice how Sato mentions up and back as most of t b e changes to peg position.

Rearsets are nice in that you move the pegs closer to the center of the bike, but really are not giving g you tons of room

Premium Member
The only thing I would mention is the rearsets don't do much to make the peg lower. You lose the rubber covers. Notice how Sato mentions up and back as most of t b e changes to peg position.

Rearsets are nice in that you move the pegs closer to the center of the bike, but really are not giving g you tons of room
I'm much more about comfort and legroom but...

I've wondered about this. My little size 8 boot heels almost hit the stock exhausts when sitting on regular pegs. I can't imaging moving the pegs back further. Lowering the pegs even made it a little worse. Switching out the mufflers to Delkevic aftermarket cans helped a bit but it was still tight. I think the Ninja's foot space is the tightest I've ever had on a bike. How do you bigger foot folks cope?

Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Understood, I don't really want them to go down and lose lean angle, but I definitely want them to go back. I used a set of Giamotos on my Aprilia, a bike designed a little 5'6" Italian man and they made all the difference in the world. Not really loving the rubber covers either, it feels like my boots are sticking to them as I am trying to move around.

Registered
I forgot about the lack of room between the peg and the exhaust cans. My size 12 boot already nails them. I think I'd have to go a little back and a little down, with no rubber, to make it work.

Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot about the lack of room between the peg and the exhaust cans. My size 12 boot already nails them. I think I'd have to go a little back and a little down, with no rubber, to make it work.
Do you have the stock exhaust?

Registered
Yeah. I think they have to go if you have a big foot and want to rear-set. Now I remember why I origianlly nixed the idea. One thing always led to another.

Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah. I think they have to go if you have a big foot and want to rear-set. Now I remember why I origianlly nixed the idea. One thing always led to another.
Yup, the snowball effect. Stock exhaust was gone week 2, I had it before I even had the bike. I have what I like to call a size 13 Flintstone, I used to be able to swim real fast before I got fat.

Registered
Nothing like built in flippers.
Yeah, if I can't fit with my 12s you don't stand a chance with the 13s.
That's great that you addressed the exhaust issue already.

Man it adds up quickly.

Premium Member
Here were the specs on the Sato. My fake Rizomas are similar, if not identical. I believe they are saying, "in relation to stock" not exactly, as the stock pegs has the rubber mount.
Position 3 or 4 looks like it's the only one that wouldnt be more cramped.

Not that I would buy rizoma, but they have a pdf on the bottom of this page....one of them shows alternate peg locations.

I think this relates to what Kenors is saying in that there really isnt a lot of places to put your feet. I dont hit my exhaust pipes since I switched to Leo Vince slip ons. I did with the stock exhaust. I wear size 12. Big feet, big hands, large......yea, right.

Look at the rearset and notice how the rubber mounts move the whole rearset "out" from the center of the bike. It's nice to not have that. The bike just feels better when the pegs dont move around. Shifting is nice, too as you get ball bearing supported levers. The rear brake, too, although my stock rear brake still sucked.

15mm Forward
0mm
0mm
0mm
5mm Back
12.5mm Up
20mm Back
12.5mm Up
14mm Forward
10mm Up
0mm
8mm Up