Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Sargent is currently running a seat promo. There are a few different seat options that I had a question about. There are two different seat insert options "Carbon FX" or "DTX." I'm gathering from what I've read that the "DTX" is preferred. I don't want the green colored welt. So my options would be a black welt or "Top Stitch." Is anyone familiar with the look of the "top stitch?" It brings the price of the seat with the additional options to $268.36 tax and shipping included. Is that a good price for the seat? Thanks

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
I have the top stitch, and dtx. I prefer the look. It's just a normal stitch with welt missing. That prices is as good as it gets if you are buying new. I wish I would have had them add 1 inch of foam to the seat, but otherwise, I'm happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
100 Posts
Does anyone know if their seat fits the 1000SX? Their website says it fits a 2011+ Ninja 1000, but not specifically the 2020 1000SX--seems like it would.

I had one on my 2011 Ninja 1000 and loved it--also had one on my H2 SX SE. The way they dish the seat and raise the front works great for me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Bought a Sargent seat for my first Ninja 1000 when I bought the bike in 2011. Bought my second Ninja 1000 in 2013 and moved the seat over to that bike. Seat has held up very well and feels as it did when new. It's a big improvement over stock. Not perfect but very good. I have toured on it several times. For the price of $268.36 it's a no brainer. That is a very good deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts