Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just installed a sargent seat with dtx material. I went for 1 ride clean pants on and no wallet or anything else in my pants pockets. Bike sat in the sun for about 1 hour. Does this look like the seat melted or something else. See the pictures. It is a small spot and worried as the seat is new.

Thanks
Jed

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sent it back and in addition to a new cover decided to have 1 inch extra foam added to the front and blended back. Will see when I get the seat back how it feels.

Jed

·
Premium Member
15,466 Posts
Jed, was the extra foam cost reasonable?

If they can add that to my seat, I just might as a winter project.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
110.00 for me they sent a FedEx label usually 20.00 to ship to them from ny to Florida but covered under warranty. They would have replaced the cover and covered shipping back. The 110.00 is total for me with the added foam and new cover shipped.

You can give them a quick call and ask them but 110.00 might include them shipping back to you too.

Jed

·
Premium Member
15,466 Posts
Jed, thank you. Even if I have to pay more, no big deal. I imagine I would have to buy a new cover. Thanks for answering such a direct question. I know it wasn't polite, but I think you knew I was interested.

I really want this mod for my Sargent Concours 14 seat. Their seat is nice, but they caved to the flat earth people and tried to make it as low as possible.

That c14/zx 14 seat is brilliant. It is a one piece seat, so you have a hump between the driver and passenger. Sargent built in a storage box. Brilliant because when it's in use, it's upside down. Almost zero chance of getting a drop of water in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts