Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on running a SAE cable from battery up to the front for power to phone/GPS, using a SAE to USB adapter, link below.

Question is, what's the best way to run the SAE cable from the battery? Under the gas tank or can it run under the left fairings?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Easiest way for me was to go up the left side under the fairing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easiest way for me was to go up the left side under the fairing.
Thanks, did you have to remove any of the fairings or just thread it through?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I did this too and I tucked it on the right side of the fairing and through the holes on the frame. Didn't need to completely remove the fairing, just pulled it a little bit. If you connect this through your phone, on my LG v10, it picks up the electronic static noise,

·
Registered
125 Posts
This weekend im going to run a battery tender adapter with a cigarette lighter attachment..

Im thinking I can mount it on that Silver bar that holds the cords behind the ignition..

Should ziptie to the frame there and be out of the way.. I don't usually ride in rain either but it should be pretty protected down there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This weekend im going to run a battery tender adapter with a cigarette lighter attachment..

Im thinking I can mount it on that Silver bar that holds the cords behind the ignition..

Should ziptie to the frame there and be out of the way.. I don't usually ride in rain either but it should be pretty protected down there.
Pretty sure you can get a cig lighter attachment with a cover, or why not go the USB route? It has a cover also.

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I ran the wiring for my gear indicator I had to run wires from the shift linkage area up to the dash. I found it easier to run inside the frame once I took off the left side fairing. I was then able to run it along with the other wires and clean it up as it when into the nose fairing too.

~Mark

·
Registered
94 Posts
Unless you want it to be powered all the time, not just when key on, why not just use the accessory connectors that are behind the left fairing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unless you want it to be powered all the time, not just when key on, why not just use the accessory connectors that are behind the left fairing?
Sry to necro an old thread...

Are you talking about the un-attached SAE cable located under left fairing? If I want to connect it to the phone, do I need to add resistor or anything to convert the voltage?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Sry to necro an old thread...

Are you talking about the un-attached SAE cable located under left fairing? If I want to connect it to the phone, do I need to add resistor or anything to convert the voltage?
The un-used connector is used to power other things, such as cig lighters and USB hubs/chargers. You wouldn't be doing a direct connection from it to your phone. It's just a switched 12V power source. However, it's typically easier and less work to just run the wires down to the battery, as you'll need a ground connection as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The un-used connector is used to power other things, such as cig lighters and USB hubs/chargers. You wouldn't be doing a direct connection from it to your phone. It's just a switched 12V power source. However, it's typically easier and less work to just run the wires down to the battery, as you'll need a ground connection as well.
So in order for me to connect the un-used connect to my cellphone, I would need some sort of converter to turn 12v from battery to cellphone voltage? Such as USB charger?

If I wire a line from battery to cellphone, wouldn't I need to have voltage converter as well?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts