Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like motosport.com has the deal of the summer if I'm reading things right. A set of S21s with the rear being a 55 for $303.00 with a $30.00 per tire, for up to 4 tires mail in rebate from Bridgestone. Unless I'm missing something that's $243.00 a set. Anyone ever do business with motosport.com?

https://www.motosport.com/bridgestone-battlax-hypersport-s21-tire-combo

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe I got my Shoei RF-1100 helmet and Sidi Allroad boots there. Both were half price or less. No issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
So it looks like motosport.com has the deal of the summer if I'm reading things right. A set of S21s with the rear being a 55 for $303.00 with a $30.00 per tire, for up to 4 tires mail in rebate from Bridgestone. Unless I'm missing something that's $243.00 a set. Anyone ever do business with motosport.com?

https://www.motosport.com/bridgestone-battlax-hypersport-s21-tire-combo
Thats a hell of a deal on a new set, to bad my S21's are not wore out id buy a set, but these babies last me, this is the first time im going to be going on 2 riding seasons with the same tires, i keep looking at them and im like dam they still look new.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 3 motorcycles that I gotta keep shoes on, I may buy 2 sets to keep on hand as my Street Triple is going to need at least a rear after my upcoming trip next week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've bought from Motosport, good store. However, that's not a good deal for me when I can get the Dunlop RS 3 and get over double the mileage. Once mounting and balancing costs is added in my cost per mile for the stones will be about $.0508 based in the mileage I've gotten from stones before. The cost per mile for the RS 3 will be about $.0303, significantly less. Not to mention based on my experience the RS 3 handles better, has better grip and is overall a better tire.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I've bought from Motosport, good store. However, that's not a good deal for me when I can get the Dunlop RS 3 and get over double the mileage. Once mounting and balancing costs is added in my cost per mile for the stones will be about $.0508 based in the mileage I've gotten from stones before. The cost per mile for the RS 3 will be about $.0303, significantly less. Not to mention based on my experience the RS 3 handles better, has better grip and is overall a better tire.
If you havent run the S21's youve not run the higher mileage stones

·
Registered
888 Posts
You guys need to keep an eye on Cycle Gear. They have had S21s on sale for around $230 a set (sorry, no 190/55 rears) with a $50 rebate. I have bought several sets each year. They often have the Q3 around the same price. It is too late in the year now, but check it out next spring.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys need to keep an eye on Cycle Gear. They have had S21s on sale for around $230 a set (sorry, no 190/55 rears) with a $50 rebate. I have bought several sets each year. They often have the Q3 around the same price. It is too late in the year now, but check it out next spring.
Last year a couple here were able to get that deal at CG with the 190 55 but most could not . I actual took a picture of their "in store sales add" that showed the 190 55 and they still gave me a hard time and I had to call their customer service department. That hard time on the 190 55 was the reason I looked else where this time although I did check CG to make sure.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think you need to shop for tires all the time if your riding a fare amount!!

Last year,,,,,,,,,I got in on the S21 rebate deal with the 55 rear for $179.00 after rebate,,. They had to bring the 55 in but there was no problem on the price at that time,,.
Mark what kind of mileage are you getting on the S21's, Have you run PP3's ?...
...I liked the way the S21 but think the PP3's that I'm currently running are wearing better,,.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Last year,,,,,,,,,I got in on the S21 rebate deal with the 55 rear for $179.00 after rebate,,. They had to bring the 55 in but there was no problem on the price at that time,,.
...I liked the way the S21 but think the PP3's that I'm currently running are wearing better,,.
@Lag 4 that is a heck of a deal, I cant believe I didn't hear of that one. Maybe it was right after I had already bought mine, but for that price though I'd like to think I would have hung them on the Wall for decoration till I needed them.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts

I have put a little over 2500 miles and they still look new, i was getting a little over 3000 with the other tires i was running and they were shot, plus i do alot of two up which puts alot more wear on the rear, but the new compound of the s21's really wears good and i really like the feel of them.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I got my s21's on a 230.00 deal then called revzilla and they matched the $230.00 and took another $10.00 off the 230.00 price to beat the competition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts