Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
My seat (rider only, velour rectangles with vinyl sides) is $650 + shipping ($60 to east coast). Heat is a $200 option. I'd heard people rave about the heat and knew i wouldn't be able to change that decision (easily), so figured in for a penny, in for a pound...with my commute already in the low 30's, it's money well spent to me. it takes a while to heat up (10 minutes or so), but once it does..the heated bum is glorious :) i think it will let me commute (about 40min each way) without using a heated vest/gloves, although longer, fun rides i'll still use them. i know $900 is a ludicrous amount of money for a seat...but like i said, the comfort improvement is impossible to overstate. going to leather is even more expensive, but a) i couldn't stomach any more $, b) i didn't want to have to care for it (the velour is maintenance free beyond wiping it down), and c) i had the velour on my fz1 and with ~10 years and ~50K miles on it, it was as good as new - it holds up.
You do what you need to do to get more riding time in. If you're too uncomfortable riding, the bike sits. I chose heated grips, jacket and taller windshield to keep warm enough in winter. If the improvement is the difference between "I'll ride today" vs "I'll just take the car" it's well worth it IMHO. It's hard to imaging not riding for an entire season...

Reactions: amolaver
1 - 1 of 1 Posts