Registered
4,681 Posts
N-Squared?
So wait, did you just pick that up?!?!?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Sure did, I was able reach a deal trading the N1000 and reduce my interest on the loan 2.75% this past Saturday.

2015 with 2,600 miles and really clean.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I am jealous, I can't afford the insurance.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
The bike looks great and 2600 miles is not even broken in. These big engines take forever to break in as it's almost impossible to rev them and stay out of prison.

I know the h2 series is impressive, but I think this is probably the best streetbike Kawasaki has ever built, especially if cost is factored in.

·
Registered
591 Posts
You'll love the phat Ninja. '20 is supposed to be the last year of production, but I just read that Kawi might bring it back for another year in '21. I really wish they'd reconsider the platform, now that H2 and H2R have claimed the halo bike throne, it's time to redo the ZX14R into a ZX14SX. Lots of us have done it ourselves. Insurance might be more kind if it's a factory effort.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Kawasaki list the 2021 ZX14r on their website. I agree, if they make an SX, I would probably jump on it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I found another ABM triple with long bar cheap for this. Some "magic" required as it's for an 01, so I have to machine my 04 stem to use the 01 nut. I'm always doing some damn Frankenstein crap.

I am not a fan of chrome, so the wheels go away. I'm modding several things to use gen4 ZX10R wheels I have with Braking rotors. I'm also "tweeking" a Muzzy ZX14 full exhaust to work on this. I'm using my favorite 2015+ CBR1000RR calipers on this. They are essentially the same calipers used on the N1K. Those coupled with Brembo master and braided lines are the ****! I just freshened the oil and seals in the forks, and installed a Penske shock I've had on the shelf for a long time. Hopefully she'll be back together soon.

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
95 Posts
We need to get the Houston guys together for a ride. The weather is finally cooler.
That sounds good--maybe after this Covid-19 stuff settles down some more. I, for one, am not doing group rides now or group anything for that matter.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm going on group rides, just not doing the group meetup part. Right now it's just about the ride. Guys wanting all the couch racing discussions I do without.

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
95 Posts
I'm going on group rides, just not doing the group meetup part. Right now it's just about the ride. Guys wanting all the couch racing discussions I do without.
I'm still riding regularly with jjscsix, but I know that he's just as religious about mask wearing and social distancing as I am (not trying to make a political statement, just my choice since I'm in a fairly high risk group). Even at that, we don't stop for lunch anywhere for an hour or so like we used to (I kind of miss that)--just brief restroom breaks at gas stops, grab a snack off the shelf, and eat outside. Actually, I've never been big on riding with more than 3 in a group anyway, but this still sucks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Big group rides suck. 3 at most is best. Anything more and it seems you spend a lot of wasted timing standing around waiting.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Same here, riding locally lots but day rides only and generally I take my lunch. We always eat outdoors, typically at diagonal ends of a picnic table. My buddy isn't as careful as me, goes in and buys food and rarely wears a mask unless he's ask to. Then again I'm more in the "at risk" category and my mom is 94.
I agree the best group ride is 2. But after that it's 4 with folks riding in pairs.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
I rode a recent group ride at The Ranch, I believe it was about 175 bikes and a loop around 30, 3090 and 6 and to me, it was not as fun as solo or chasing the Ducati and Triump riders up Old Highway 9 to Fredricksburg. But I have never been into big crowds anyway.

I work out three times a week with hundreds of college students, and I have not been sick. Maybe it has something to do with not wearing a mask most of the time combined with licking door knobs and toilet seats...maybe I am immune.

I have the ZX torn apart, I want to run wires from the bars back to the tail for the horn, a singe USB charger, dual USB port and driving lights while I have the plastic off and tank lifted. Mounting the Stebel and the lights will be a challenge on this bike.

I am really hoping the Apex risers show up by Saturday but I am having my doubts.

I made this switch panel out of 16ga sheet metal, it sandwiched between the cluster and mounting bracket and a really easy mod, a little harder to reach the buttons than the panel I made for the N1000 that fit between the triple tree and tank but it works, one for the gate and one for the garage door.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
My god, lsx.....that's two bikes you have that are a threat for your garage door. I like what you did, in this one. The second button might confuse the thief. Good thinking.

I wish my ninja had those gauges. Thise are a dressed up version of what the c14 has. They are old fashioned and simple to read. With a short glance, you know everything you need to know. No mental calculation like you have to do with a digital number.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts