Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out a few options for rim tape and noticed several negative comments from customers about different brands. Any suggestions for a good quality rim tape? Looks like some of the complaints are for the applicator ( I guess to help with getting it on straight without waves) that come on some of them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I used TapeWorks.

here is John’s install instructions:

Reactions: Night Train

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used TapeWorks.

here is John’s install instructions:

Thanks for the tip! Looks like having track stands is a must to be able to do that right. I've seen several of John's videos. Very helpful! I just installed the Motodynamics fender eliminator and watched his video about disassembling the tail section to do that. That saved me a lot of time!

·
Premium Member
12,811 Posts
You need to be able to free spin the wheel. If not, it ends up looking like you were drunk/stoned/high....all at the same time. You'll notice my bikes dont have rim tape....I cant do it. I've tried

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
There's lots of cool stuff out there:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just tried these ebay cheapies to see if I liked the look & thought they looked great. They have been on for 7 months now & the quality seems really good for the price.
View attachment 31418 View attachment 31419
Yep. Those look great. I see you did the stripe on the bag too! What brand is the tail bag?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just tried these ebay cheapies to see if I liked the look & thought they looked great. They have been on for 7 months now & the quality seems really good for the price.
View attachment 31418 View attachment 31419
Those look really good on your bike! I have the same bike so I can see how it would look on mine. What brand of tail bag is that? I'm looking for one that size.

·
Registered
2021 Black N1K.
137 Posts
Those look really good on your bike! I have the same bike so I can see how it would look on mine. What brand of tail bag is that? I'm looking for one that size.
Sorry, I just seen this.
It’s a Nelson Rigg. Check out this thread for more info

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, I just seen this.
It’s a Nelson Rigg. Check out this thread for more info
Thanks for getting back! I have been looking at the Nelson Riggs since I saw yours. I figured that's what you had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts