Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no 😢

Well the TFTs look the same .. I think we should all bang an email into customer services asking for this .. should be a simple software upgrade

I'm now writing mine

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh no 😢

Well the TFTs look the same .. I think we should all bang an email into customer services asking for this .. should be a simple software upgrade

I'm now writing mine
I think the TFT that can use spin is slightly larger screen - So probably has that one extra chip it needs for connection

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just downloaded it. Looks MUCH better and smoother than Rideology, though admittedly that isn't saying much. I also have a '21, so I doubt it'll work, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone had a chance to use the new apps on the bikes yet
Wonder how the screen looks and the apps work on the move
Navigation and all
I have and it is ok. I dont like the way of entering place names as involves lost of button pressing to enter it and the routing is fine (looks like google maps) but I want to be able to enter the route on my phone and then transfer it to the bike...would be so much easier. Would also like to be able to set it to have the route upwards rather than N at the top... It is a bit like an early development version that needs some thinking and development to make it better. Not tried music or calls yet as dont have a headset installed in my helmet....but when I do I will let you know....

So my current thinking is that it is ok....but not great...Kawasaki developers...."could do better" B-

·
Registered
386 Posts
So my current thinking is that it is ok....but not great...Kawasaki developers...."could do better" B-
Hell, if it works it's already better than Rideology. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: MicMac

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have and it is ok. I dont like the way of entering place names as involves lost of button pressing to enter it and the routing is fine (looks like google maps) but I want to be able to enter the route on my phone and then transfer it to the bike...would be so much easier. Would also like to be able to set it to have the route upwards rather than N at the top... It is a bit like an early development version that needs some thinking and development to make it better. Not tried music or calls yet as dont have a headset installed in my helmet....but when I do I will let you know....

I have it but can't get it to work, when I enter a destination it tells me there is no internet connection...can't see what I am doing wrong, and nobody seems to be able to help ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have it but can't get it to work, when I enter a destination it tells me there is no internet connection...can't see what I am doing wrong, and nobody seems to be able to help ..
It needs to be fully connected to your phone and the phone needs a good internet connection. I downloaded all of google maps to my phone as offline maps (google it if you dont know how) and then you shouldnt need an internet connection. TBH given the poor way of actually selecting a place (hundreds of button presses) and the number of times it failed to find a place based on postcode I have reverted to putting my phone on the bike and using google maps directly....still lots of work to do on the SPIN app to make it useful....

·
Registered
3 Posts
It needs to be fully connected to your phone and the phone needs a good internet connection. I downloaded all of google maps to my phone as offline maps (google it if you dont know how) and then you shouldnt need an internet connection. TBH given the poor way of actually selecting a place (hundreds of button presses) and the number of times it failed to find a place based on postcode I have reverted to putting my phone on the bike and using google maps directly....still lots of work to do on the SPIN app to make it useful....
I've given it full access, accepted all permission but still doesn't seem to allow it even when I have good internet, are you using Android or iPhone?, I'm using Android on a Sony Xperia X1 iii. Definitely think the Spin app needs more development though, has a lot of potential if they can get it right ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've given it full access, accepted all permission but still doesn't seem to allow it even when I have good internet, are you using Android or iPhone?, I'm using Android on a Sony Xperia X1 iii. Definitely think the Spin app needs more development though, has a lot of potential if they can get it right ..
I am on android....defo connects and shows maps/route, but just not easy to enter destination and doesn't really do turn by turn routing...not great....there was something about getting Rideology for Spin...Will be interested to see what that brings....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Appreciate you posting your experience with SPIN.
Congratulations on your 22 H2 SX :cool:
I'm thinking about getting a 22 H2 SX, but had more question on the Maps function.

With iPhone, what I saw during the dealer demo was;
Apple Maps displayed on-screen, but it looked squashed vertically, as if it compressed Portrait Mode to fit into Landscape Mode.
I tried rotating my phone, but it didn't seem to change anything on the bike display screen.

Also, because the bike was stationary;
I don't know if it retained the destination (that I had already entered)?
or
If I would have to use Bike Buttons to re-start my trip?

I guess I could go back and beg dealer to let me play with it more, but hopefully you can shed some light on, how Maps works in Spin.

Do you have any additional insights, after using it more?
Did you try any of the other Navigation Apps, to see if they work better than the phones Native Maps App?

(I have an iPhone, but would get Android, if it works better).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts