Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new here.

I've just passed my test and I'm getting to know my new ninja 650 krt.

I've got a couple of issues with rideology. I'm shown as connected but:

1) the TFT shows my bike as a Z900 When it's not.

2) the rider mode is blanked out on the rideology app which means I can't alter anything.

I called the dealer I bought it from in Colchester and spoke to someone in the service department who didn't know what rideology was, so don't think they will be much help from them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a Ninja 1000 and when I open my app it shows I did a route in Japan on an H2 SX.

I had a similar problem. I apologize but I don’t recall what the issue was. Have you started your bike and opened the app to let them get to know each other? Be sure the app becomes “registered” to your bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have a Ninja 1000 and when I open my app it shows I did a route in Japan on an H2 SX.

I had a similar problem. I apologize but I don’t recall what the issue was. Have you started your bike and opened the app to let them get to know each other? Be sure the app becomes “registered” to your bike.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I've started the app while the bike is on but no joy.

I can see my phone it connected via the bike menu and I have the bike connected through the app (all be it shows a different bike name) is that what you mean by "registered"?

If anyone can help Id really appreciate it, I can't find any help from Google searches

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've not had much success with the app either. It works at times for me and at times it refuses to connect. I would recommend you try deleting the app, "forget" the device from the bluetooth list on your phone and start over. The ignition needs to be turned on and start the pairing from the app (Bluetooth needs to be "on" in the bike menu) and re-pair with the code that shows up on the screen. Hope that helps. It really is a half baked product that Kawi launched which i'm hoping gets better with app updates (last update was 6 months ago on ios)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've not had much success with the app either. It works at times for me and at times it refuses to connect. I would recommend you try deleting the app, "forget" the device from the bluetooth list on your phone and start over. The ignition needs to be turned on and start the pairing from the app (Bluetooth needs to be "on" in the bike menu) and re-pair with the code that shows up on the screen. Hope that helps. It really is a half baked product that Kawi launched which i'm hoping gets better with app updates (last update was 6 months ago on ios)
Yeah I'm dissapointed with the app right now because its a big part of the marketing.

The bike on the other hand is not a let down, great bike can't wait till I can let her rip after the break in period.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah I'm dissapointed with the app right now because its a big part of the marketing.

The bike on the other hand is not a let down, great bike can't wait till I can let her rip after the break in period.
Agree. To me the app is a nice to have but the bike is everything i wanted in a sport tourer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For anyone reading, just an update...

The ninja 650 doesn't have electronic suspension etcetera so you can't change the driver modes on it, 1000cc obviously does.

So the TFT is a bit of a gimmick on the 650, not much point in having the app, although it still looks nice

·
Registered
215 Posts
Maybe, depending how many, how deep. Yours may require repainting. I would do a search on Youtube. I dumped my ZX14r several months ago in the garage failing to get both hooks on the rear spools. Two small scratches on the lower fairing. I put a bandaid decal over them as a badge I stupidity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts