Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Well, I hit a raccoon about a week ago. Didn't realize it until this past weekend that the plastic took the brunt of it.

Does anyone have any experience with nicecycle.com? They make aftermarket, OE fit plastic out of the same material and will paint to match. The color match should be easy because it's just the two black pieces that comprise the center cowling.

Anyways, I just ordered 'em up. Two pairs (the grill piece and the bottom cowling piece) totaled $259 painted and shipped... I'll try to snap some pictures when they arrive and will definitely share whether or not they are good quality.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey everyone. Well, I hit a raccoon about a week ago. Didn't realize it until this past weekend that the plastic took the brunt of it.

Does anyone have any experience with nicecycle.com? They make aftermarket, OE fit plastic out of the same material and will paint to match. The color match should be easy because it's just the two black pieces that comprise the center cowling.

Anyways, I just ordered 'em up. Two pairs (the grill piece and the bottom cowling piece) totaled $259 painted and shipped... I'll try to snap some pictures when they arrive and will definitely share whether or not they are good quality.

Goodluck...let us know about the quality and fit......

·
Registered
483 Posts
You know you are supposed to use a rifle or Buick to kill raccoons :)

At least you are blazing a trail for the rest of us if the varmints do more damage! you might also ping riderforums.com to see if anyone has used them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have been looking at their stuff myself. I would like to take the silver lower from the green 2013 shown above (in this pages header) and replace the black lower on my blue 2014. I think blue and silver would look cool. I threw some gray plastidip on it to get a visual and liked it. curious to hear how this stuff fits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I talked to the guy yesterday, he said they fit just like OE-- in fact, they build they just copy the OE plastic to make them identical. As soon as they arrive, I'll snap some photos and compare the quality a little.

Broke: I like that idea, too. I'm actually thinking the white on the bike to our right in the header photo would like really cool-- hard to keep clean but really cool... Too late now I guess. LOL

·
Registered
154 Posts
If your plastics are just cracked then try plastic welding them. I've seen remarkable results with this. You can buy a plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight for under 50 bucks. It would at least give you an extra set of plastics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts