Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit surprised that not many people do things on their wheels here...
Since the N1K is relatively sporty, I thought a set of wheel stripes decal might make it look even more sportier. I got this set off Ebayfor $24 with custom text "Kawasaki Racing" printed on a reflective background in green (I regret that I didn't get the white which I think it would stand out even more...) I think it turns out OK, a few tricks to put them on precisely. QC is so-so up-close, could have been better but looks alright from a distance more than a foot.

Positioning

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this on mine, once I get it on the road. I wonder what shade of Blue would be most appropriate.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm not sure the white really goes with the bike. I'm sure it's visible though. And the CF just blends in too much, IMO

I'm thinking something like this...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Stripes

The green looks good on the green bike. I have a blue ninja - and white and blue stripes together would look fine....have not done it yet but its a good contrast.......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Shiro. Would you have a photo of your reflective wheel decals at night illustrating the reflection? That would be great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the customTAYLOR33 reflective tape on my bike. That stuff looks like it's plugged in at night. I'll try to get a pic of my bike at night.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the customTAYLOR33 reflective tape on my bike. That stuff looks like it's plugged in at night. I'll try to get a pic of my bike at night.
Another customTaylor33 user here... It's really bright.. Much more so than the Pro Grip I experimented with first..

I have white rim tape on my Green n1k..

Here are 2 pics taken in dusk.. First is without the flash,the 2nd is with the flash..
CustomTaylor33 Rim Tape - no Flash by maniak_az, on Flickr

CustomTaylor33 Rim Tape - Flash by maniak_az, on Flickr

Here is a shot with the bike illuminted by my old Honda's (car) headlights, without a camera flash. You can see the rim tape is as bright, if not brighter than the factory yellow reflectors.

CustomTaylor33 Rim Tape - Headlights by maniak_az, on Flickr

One note.. The CustomTaylor33 white isn't really white. at 10ft it looks white but when you get right up on it you can see it's white and silver.

I almost forgot. . there is a Black reflective too (It's going on the car).. It's really black and does reflect, just not as much as the white I have on the bike.

~Mark

·
Registered
971 Posts
CustomTaylor33 gets great reviews...it better for the price they charge.
If it's the best, it's OK to pay for it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
As a measure to compare, how much less pizzazz is the black vs the other colors? Is the reflective punch and throw 50% less?

·
Registered
82 Posts
As a measure to compare, how much less pizzazz is the black vs the other colors? Is the reflective punch and throw 50% less?
I finally got a non rainy night to get some pics.. Of course, it's a full moon without a cloud in the sky so it was hard to get pics..

The Black is still very reflective but it looks like a reflector when the white looks almost like it could be a light..

I put a black star on my chain guard so you could see both the white on the rim and the black...

blackStar-WhiteRim by maniak_az, on Flickr

I also took a shot with Black and Purple (CustomTaylor33) with the green progrip underneath... The purple looks purple and is brighter than the black but not quite as bright as the white (Purple is still very bright/reflective)..

Black-Purple-thenProGripGreenBottom by maniak_az, on Flickr

Hopefully these pics help.

~Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts