Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the reduced reach seat, and have finally gotten a chance to ride about 50 miles. Quick Review:

It accomplishes the goal of lowering, as I can now touch flat footed rather than on the balls of my feet. For me, it was about as comfortable as the standard seat. I could notice the lowered amount, as my legs were bent tighter.

Probably going to ride it a few more times, but at first thoughts, I'm glad I tried it, but it's not going to be a keeper for me.

·
Registered
592 Posts
A lower seat is better than messing with the suspension. That said, the stock seat is already transmitting a good bit of engine buzz, I wouldn't want to have any less of the same foam. Too bad Kawi doesn't do the reduced reach seat like they've done lowered seat in other models and use gel padding, which is denser and tends to dampen vibration better.

If you can flat foot with the reduced reach seat, then you should be fine on stock height seat or Sargent/Corbin. I can flat foot one side with any of those 3 seats, but not both sides. That works well enough for me. If I run out of projects (yeah right), I might try tinkering with the stock seat and gel padding just for giggles.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
83 Posts
I went the custom seat shaping route to get extra reach. The upholstery guy basically removed all foam down to the seat pan and then added a few thin layers of different density foams. Wound up with the seat being 1.5" lower. Best $500 I've spent and I can go back any time for a re-do if for some reason the seat isn't working for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts