Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will buy a rear spool support stand....I found one reasonably priced from

T-Rex Racing....anyone familiar with their products? Thank for your comments and advice

mrsand

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have one of theirs, bought it used from a friend. It works, nothing to compare with though, my first. I use both a front and rear sometimes...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rear stands

the unit i am looking at is about 75 dollars...the spool size is suppose to be 8 mm for the 2014 NIJ

T-Rex does not offer Kawasaki spools, but does offer 8mm spools for other bikes such as suzuki and honda...i guess i"ll ask if those will work ..don't see why they wouldn't..

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've mounted some generic 8mm spools on my '14 & they work, just barely. I'm a fan of Pit Bull stands and found it will barely slot onto the spools. Have to remove the rear reflector for it to work. Not the whole assembly just the red reflector.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My pitbull stands withstood my house fire a few years ago. Yes the paint was blistered but they were sound. The insurance was willing to replace them so I did but they would have been fine.

I believe that if you're gonna put your $13k motorcycle on stands they better be good ones. That I won't cheap out on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am not familiar with T-Rex racing products, so I'm not much help there. I am looking at an adjustable rear stand by SteelHorse Fabrications, model URRS05. From the video on their website and reviews I have read, it seems like it would be a good one...has anybody used this one?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have R&G racing swing arm spools on my 2014 Ninja 1000 ABS. They fit a Honda CBR600 RR '07-'13, due the mounting bolts being 8mm instead of 10mm. R&G part #RG.CR0013.BK

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm using an ABBA Superbike Stand. It has pins that go in the swingarm pivot. Stand is not in the way of the rear wheel, so it makes servicing a lot easier.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Abba stand

I have seen that unit discussed..people like the function, it is not cheap though...what ever i get has to be shipped to sw florida

i am still looking...

regarding front lifts:

does anyone think a triple tree supporting stand is much better than a good bottom hole fork lift stand.. i guess the most stress on the unit would be a wheel removal operation..thanks for your comments

·
Registered
444 Posts
My son & I share a front Pit Bull stand, same basic unit, different pins to fit the frames of my FZ1 & his R1. It allows complete front end dis-assembly, wheels & forks. That's key to me as I generally upgrade the suspension on my rides. Have to admit though I've not done that yet on the N1K.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ABBA Stand

Yup, the ABBA stand is not cheap. No US distributor. I bought mine from Blue Streak Racing in Canada. $250 (free shipping) for the stand and pins, or $300 for the stand, pins and front wheel lift kit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use a PSR rear stand for my '13 model, but can't remember the make of the bobbins/spools I use, but I do have to take them off after use as they impact the exhaust when the suspension compresses. I understand this is not unusual although it may not be an issue with other, smaller bobbins. I have had a new swingarm under warranty due to the mounting point failing, but needed to push. Has the issue been resolved for the '14 model? I notice the exhaust cans (mufflers) have changed, but not sure if they've been repositioned at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a set from soto moto that mount to the underside of the swing arm. I like it because I don't have to worry about lifting either on the axle or anything sticking out from the swing arm. I ordered a set of spools at one point and mounted them. The ended up denting my stock exhaust. I'd very careful and check to make sure they don't hit before you go riding.

Damage from spools:

You can kind of see what I have in this picture:

And this is how the bike sits:

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
@grinja1k, did you find the bobbins.spools still impacted the muffles when you ditched the stock ones and put aftermarket mufflers on? BTW, how are you finding the mufflers, or is a full system? I couldn't find Apokrovic slip ons when I started looking, so have now got the Yoshi R-77s in mind!

·
Registered
30 Posts
@grinja1k, did you find the bobbins.spools still impacted the muffles when you ditched the stock ones and put aftermarket mufflers on? BTW, how are you finding the mufflers, or is a full system? I couldn't find Apokrovic slip ons when I started looking, so have now got the Yoshi R-77s in mind!
I have the full system. You can get just the slip ons, but I did the full Ivan's performance upgrade which requires the full system.

I didn't try the bobbins with the Akrapovic, but I wouldn't want to take the chance since it would crush the carbon fiber and not just dent it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts