Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are they 10mm or 8mm and pitch?
Any good source or the cheapest the better?

Bonus if link to Amazon or Ebay... LOL

·
Registered
197 Posts
What are they? 6 or 8? I've never found a difference. Serves the same purpose part. For use with rear stand. One caution. People with stock pipes have done damage to stock pipes hitting bumps with spools.

·
Registered
367 Posts
M10 x 1.25mm (pitch) x 30mm (length)

Reactions: CheetahTurbo

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
I believe the old bikes use what exp matters said and the 14 bikes use a smaller one.

East bay, not really the spool size. This is the bolt size holding them to the swingarm.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I believe the old bikes use what exp matters said and the 14 bikes use a smaller one.

East bay, not really the spool size. This is the bolt size holding them to the swingarm.
Ah idd, I remember reading the new ones had a different one

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 2014+ are 8mm. I have the Keiti 8mm mini spools which will work with the stock exhaust. There's no image on the actual spools like what's in the picture. It's just a spool and the screw threads in the center.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Should have stated, then, it is for a 2013...
So ordered these:

Thanks !!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
HELP
It arrived, installed in like 3 seconds (flat)... they are really mini... and arrived in one day (amazon rocks)

MY STAND DOES NOT FIT MY BIKE>>>
Why is my bike so fat?

My stand was used on my 650R and still on my wifes ER6-N

Whats wrong here!!!
So I guess time for two new stands (front one I want now a triple tree)

I did not know that the stands were different sizes....

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HELP
It arrived, installed in like 3 seconds (flat)... they are really mini... and arrived in one day (amazon rocks)

MY STAND DOES NOT FIT MY BIKE>>>
Why is my bike so fat?

My stand was used on my 650R and still on my wifes ER6-N

Whats wrong here!!!
So I guess time for two new stands (front one I want now a triple tree)

I did not know that the stands were different sizes....
My stand is adjustable , but is in the widest setting...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Which stand do you have? I have the cheap Cycle Gear Trackside rear stand, and it will fit this bike fine. I just have to make sure the bike is vertical since the spools are so small.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure the brand, but I don't want to straighten the bike before placing the stand...
So is there any measurement on the stand at all or our bikes are too fat?
... lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure. I've always stood up every bike I've ever had before putting it on the rear stand.

If you've got aftermarket exhausts, I believe you can get larger spools (someone else may be able to verify that), but I'm not sure if that'll help you. I'd like larger ones myself, I just never think about it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not sure the brand, but I don't want to straighten the bike before placing the stand...
So is there any measurement on the stand at all or our bikes are too fat?
... lol
Unless you are very agile, or very strong, or both, sooner or later, if you are trying to both balance the bike, while positioning the stand, and lifting the bike, I can assure you, you will dump it. It's either a 2 man job or you need some mechanical assist, even if its some boards under the kickstand to almost level the bike.

My dump rate was 50% on 2 tries so I invested in a chain hoist and strap.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I never had problems doing this.

I put the stand on both pegs, while the bike is still on its stand. so with the paddock stand oblique, then I straighten the bike, so both paddock wheels touch the ground.
Then I just pull the paddock down.
Very easy one man job. never had any problem with this, and I always do it solo.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, the stand has the thingy for both spools and swingarm. the swingarm part is not removable, it interferes with the chain.
Pit bull was loaned and worked fine. (there goes another $150...:mad:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pit bull has the rear one specially for us (for stock license plate)

Here the info,

Not sure if their triple works with ours, ANY ONE KNOWS?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts