Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got everything installed between Sunday and today, both were pretty easy installs. Together they make the riding position closer to what I'm used to coming from a RSV4, just not leaned over as far. Wind noise is much better and thats after going back to the stock windshield, from the touring windshield. I'm going to add the tall seat and call it good
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wood Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
What rise did you end up with on the bars? You'll have to tell us how you like the rearsets. I liked my bike way more when the pegs were solid, and the rubber mounts on the shelf, where they belong.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got everything installed between Sunday and today, both were pretty easy installs. Together they make the riding position closer to what I'm used to coming from a RSV4, just not leaned over as far. Wind noise is much better and thats after going back to the stock windshield, from the touring windshield. I'm going to add the tall seat and call it good
So the clip ons are further forward so you are lower down towards the screen?

I am thinking I should have put stock screen back on and just taken the wind on the chest as with the touring screen I get helmet buffeting as I am too tall.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What rise did you end up with on the bars? You'll have to tell us how you like the rearsets. I liked my bike way more when the pegs were solid, and the rubber mounts on the shelf, where they belong.
I used the 3" risers as Volfy had suggested and they are perfect, and like his setup, my clutch lever hits the windshield at the lowest setting. I'm in complete agreement on the rubber pegs, I felt like they were limiting my movement, solid pegs belong on this type of bike. The rear sets are at the lowest, rearmost setting and I no longer feel cramped when I'm laying on the tank. I did not weigh the parts, but the weight is easily cut in half with the Sato's. They are very well made and worth every penny, everything bolted up easily and the clutch and brake pedal are now in the correct positions.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the clip ons are further forward so you are lower down towards the screen?

I am thinking I should have put stock screen back on and just taken the wind on the chest as with the touring screen I get helmet buffeting as I am too tall.
Correct, my helmet is now down far enough to be out of the wind blast with the stock windshield in the 2nd down from highest position at 75 mph. I'm 6' tall and the touring windshield is going on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nicely done. I wish mine had those hash marks. Would help matching angles on both sides a lot easier. I bought mine 10yrs ago for $219 shipped, so can't complain.

I can definitely understand you liking the news ergos after coming off an RSV4.

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
I think I'll order a set. Sportbike track gearshift has them at 259.00, complete with hashmaks.

I have to have the hashmarks or I would end up in an institution. Both sides HAVE to be adjusted, identical, or I will freak out.

What inserts did you use for the bar ends?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think I'll order a set. Sportbike track gearshift has them at 259.00, complete with hashmaks.

I have to have the hashmarks or I would end up in an institution. Both sides HAVE to be adjusted, identical, or I will freak out.

They show all variations as out of stock???

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like this idea to do rearsets and clipons, though its counter-intuitive to a "touring" setup. I bought my bike used, and it has 2" risers and the OEM bars/pegs. If you have a link for the clipons and rearsets, it'd be appreciated. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
That specific shop is excellent to deal with. Often times the places treat us just like you are talking about . They will tell you it's in stock, then follow up with a message that they can't get the parts from the distributor.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good deal. that looks great. any impact on steering?
Steering requires a little more effort at low maneuvering speeds because the bars are 1’ narrower on each side, so lost a bit of leverage, but it feels lighter at speed. Remember when I said I thought the steering felt heavier at Hiway speeds and I felt like it was caused by the weight of the bike? Well I think it was more my weight being up higher on the bike. It feels as light as the Aprilia now

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
interesting. It understandable at the lower speeds, but it's interesting that the heavier steering at higher speeds was mitigated by the new set up.
Definitely another vote to make these mods.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nicely done. I wish mine had those hash marks. Would help matching angles on both sides a lot easier. I bought mine 10yrs ago for $219 shipped, so can't complain.

I can definitely understand you liking the news ergos after coming off an RSV4.
It feels much more like the Aprilia now, almost. I was wondering where those marks were, I thought you did not want to look at them so you flipped them over

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I bought some cheap $10 bar ends off Amazon, they looked much bigger in the picture. I’m going to look for something with some more weight to it, although I don’t really notice any increase in vibration

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
interesting. It understandable at the lower speeds, but it's interesting that the heavier steering at higher speeds was mitigated by the new set up.
Definitely another vote to make these mods.
I think that it just comes down to my significant mass being lower on the bike that makes it transition easier/faster

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like this idea to do rearsets and clipons, though its counter-intuitive to a "touring" setup. I bought my bike used, and it has 2" risers and the OEM bars/pegs. If you have a link for the clipons and rearsets, it'd be appreciated. Cheers.

everybody is different, I could not ride on a very comfortable upright position with a custom seat for more than 2 hours without my back bothering me, but I rode 4 hours on a RSV4

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ty sir. Wow, $575 seems stiff for rearsets. Woodcraft is in the $3xx's I think? They are an important component, but I've had good luck with cheap Chinese ripoffs as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts