Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a used 2017 or 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 rear seat assembly for sale at a reasonable price? The part number is 53066-0536-MA. See: 2017 Kawasaki NINJA 1000 (ZX1000WHF) Seat | Ron Ayers

My new-to-me 2017 Ninja is sitting in my dad's garage in the Northeast U.S. Normally, I don't buy vehicles after "inspecting" them over Zoom, but this purchase gave me a good reason to fly one-way, visit with Dad, and then ride back south, visiting some of the best roads along the East Coast.

I'm used to buying a used rear seat on eBay for bikes like my 2004 GSX-R 1000 for 20 bucks, but seats for this Kawi seem harder to find. Based on this Ron Ayers part number search, I would suspect only the 2017 and 2018 rear seats will match. But I'm open to suggestions from folks who say that other bikes and years will mount securely to my 2017 model.

OEM Parts Part Search Results

It doesn't have to be pretty. My goals are:

1) Mount a top box quickly to the spare seat for my trip down the East Coast. (I have the Givi base plate.)

2) Once I'm back in Atlanta, modify the rear seat to accept the Givi S60 child seat so my 7-y-o can join me for short rides in the mountains. (Yes, Givi sells a "child seat" for motorcycles, but you have to buy it outside the U.S., probably for insurance reasons.)

TIA!

-John

·
Registered
870 Posts
I got a front + rear seat combo from ebay a while back. They are supposedly off a 2015 N1k and it fits my '19 just fine. It's on my bike right now. I suspect the seat pan for all years are compatible, if not exactly identical. The only difference I can see is 2015's covering has different texture compared to my stock rear seat. Since I don't often ride with the stock seat and I only ride solo, so I don't much care what texture is on the rear seat.

Kawi might also have tweaked the foam underneath from year to year, but if you're just looking for a seat pan, I'd just catch one of any model year off ebay with ripped uppers cheap.

Reactions: jtherkel
1 - 2 of 2 Posts