Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these?

I don't have (or plan on getting) the factory bags, plus I rarely ride with a passenger. So I wanted to get rid of the grab handles and block off the holes to clean up the rear end. Is there any product that would let me do that? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
I built my own. Think hard piece of flat plastic, and two holes.

shape is made by tracking the front bar portion, and cardboard.

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
Lol, you are not kidding.

Option 1...Death grip on on turn signal. So far, so good. You let the stand do the work. It works, but is foolish , and will end in disaster.

Oprion 2...Bolt rail on when I need to use stand.

option 3....remove seat and grab part of the subframe. Better than option 1, sort of, but still, no solution.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have considered the rear stand issue, but that is why I would want something that wouldn't be hard to take off and put the grab bars back on if needed for maintenance or for the odd occasion I con my wife into riding 2 up. :)

I have thought of fabricating my own bars too. I was just surprised there isn't enough of a demand for these bikes to have a readily available product to solve this "problem."

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but for that kind of money, I think I will just try and make my own!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Uhhh Batman? Do you think you are always going to know ahead of time when you will need them. I use them every time I back my bike into my garage.

Pardon my critique but, IMHO, whatever looks gained from removing them aren't worth the trouble in an emergency. For instance if your boxed into a parking space and cannot get out the way you came in ...orrrrrr... have you ever dropped your bike on its side? I hope you never do, but it does happen. It will be much more difficult to get the bike upright without them. I barely notice them, and I have the uglier ones which accommodate the factory hard side bags.

Respectfully, I don't think they should be removed.

My .02

(got to stop going online late at night...I get pedantic.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts