Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,

There was a thread I was reading about a RAM mount. Saw one at the local CycleGear while I was picking up a couple things, and figured why not, it's only $5 more than buying from Amazon.

So I bought it, and installed it this afternoon. Figured I'd do a quick photo-install of it. Mostly because I can.

Total time:
15 minutes (mostly taking photos of install)

Tools:
1/4" Ratchet
1/8 or #3 allen
Razer
Measure device (inches)
Pencil

Attachments

Reactions: Clint1975

·
Registered
42 Posts
I mounted a GoPro to a ball in the stem nut and not happy with the quality due to the vibration. How is the video from your GoPro mount on the tank?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a GoPro - I have a Liquid Ego. The video is stable, little to no vibration. As for the camera, it only records 28 minutes at a time before it automatically shuts off. I need to figure out why it does that - I just have not had any interesting rides to do so.

As for the RAM - it held up great at 100mph. Not that I do 100mph on public roads. I was on a track. With a controlled environment. Reading my GPS...

It does well though. The vibrations are not noticeable - I'm not staring at it long enough to read it, just glances to get general information.

I am using it with my Samsung S6. I have found that in the position I have it in, I tend to turn it all the way to the left to rest against the handlebar. This allows me to see the right side of the cluster - RPM is not a matter much anyway since I go by sound.

I do need to find a power source now for my devices though. So I may charge them if need be while on the road. I'm looking at this:
Amazon.com: RioRand® Waterproof Dual USB Charger Motorcycle Cell-Phone Charging Port 12V to 5V/2.1A Power Adapter: Electronics

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just installed the same mount tonight. I'll be using it with my Lumia Icon. I hope to be able to record video with it too, but I might need a longer ball connector, otherwise I'll be recording mostly the dash. :)
For power, I'm just going to get a 6' cable and run it back to the USB port I have under the seat. It's an adapter for the Battery Tender pigtail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts