Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good way to mount a radar detector to the N1K? I purchased a (universal) stem mount kit and all of the stem plugs were too big to go in the center hole on the triple tree. I'm wondering if anyone has found a good alternative way to mount a radar detector. Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Now that looks interesting. Please excuse my ignorance (I've only been in country 2 years) but what is the legal standpoint on the use of radar detectors and I am guessing that there are the usual differences down to which state you live in?

·
Registered
65 Posts
In some states (Virginia), they're illegal. In places where they're not illegal, they're generally thought to show intent to speed, meaning you are pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket if LEO sees that you have one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, me too. A buddy of mine had the in-helmet warning light, and I gotta tell you, that was pretty freakin' cool.

·
Registered
971 Posts
In some states (Virginia), they're illegal. In places where they're not illegal, they're generally thought to show intent to speed, meaning you are pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket if LEO sees that you have one.
Back in the roarin' 80's, I placed a Cobra on the dash of my GTI. I used a tissue box with one tissue kept on top and I cut out a square on the bottom so that it would fit over my radar detector. It worked nice if I was stopped or to hide it from thieves when parked.

VA is for lovers but not radar detectors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Back in the roarin' 80's, I placed a Cobra on the dash of my GTI. I used a tissue box with one tissue kept on top and I cut out a square on the bottom so that it would fit over my radar detector. It worked nice if I was stopped or to hide it from thieves when parked.

VA is for lovers but not radar detectors.
Brilliant!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts