Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put some frame sliders on my 2014 N1K. I have been looking at a lot of them on Revzilla and the R&G seem to be the ones that are the most robust design and also look the best. But they are $360+! Anyone have experience with these? Good, bad, ugly?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Search the 2 (only needed one) Frame Sliders threads.

If you have furthers questions, add to one of those.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search the 2 (only needed one) Frame Sliders threads.

If you have furthers questions, add to one of those.
Yep, looked at those. Not a real strong case on which to go with. I think I will just go with the R&G's anyway. The one comment that I did find rather credible was the spreading of impact forces across a larger area like the R&G's do versus just the cylinders with a single attachment point.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
One of our members, on another forum, dropped his ninja at low speed. He had the shogun slides on and they did a great job.

His clutch cover was messed up, but he said they saved his fairing, bars and mirrors.

75.00 on ebay

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep, looked at those. Not a real strong case on which to go with. I think I will just go with the R&G's anyway. The one comment that I did find rather credible was the spreading of impact forces across a larger area like the R&G's do versus just the cylinders with a single attachment point.
I've spent a lot of time looking at sliders without a great deal of first hand advice. A surprisingly large number of Ninja owners don't have them installed, in spite of the general belief that they're a good way to protect the fairings. One of the young squids at work had the brakes lock on his Ninja at slow speed. He got pitched off, and the bike went down hard on the right side. He had Shogun single point sliders and the pin bent back nearly 90 degrees until the plastic protector was touching the fairing. He scraped the bar end and his mirror, but no damage to the fairings. I could see that it would be easy to break that single bolt right off in the engine mount though.

I ordered the R&Gs from Revzilla like you did. They'll be here Monday. There's a good pictorial of the install on the Z1000SX UK forum.
What the hey, it's only money, eh?

BTW, the UK guys call them "crash bungs".

·
Registered
74 Posts
In the UK it's cool to have "knackered crash bungs" :D
Over here too I think. My squid at work had burned a 45 degree angle on his frame slider before the latest crash. He also has scrapes on the right fairing from another mishap, so I suppose that would add additional street creds to his bike.

Me, I'm vain. I try to hide any evidence of having crashed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
R&G slider install

Here's the link for the install of the R&G sliders.

Complete guide to fitting R&G bungs (including fairing removal)

The UK guys call them "crash bungs".

·
Registered
148 Posts

Another R&G Product. A Shock Sock

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed the R&G sliders a couple weeks ago. Install went ok except I broke one of the little front fairing tabs. Was able to JB it back on with no issues. They are certainly heavier built than anything else on the market. They're heavy and look good. I'm pleased with them.
Just a comment. I actually installed the left one without fully removing the fairing, just enough to work behind it. I took it off the do some other work, but it's certainly possible to install these without pulling the fairings off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts