Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you need a tune or a Power Commander for the 2021s for a Decat/ Full exhaust with a silencer? My dealership said a Full Exhaust can cause a void in warranty if the valves get messed up from not having a Power Commander preventing lean mixture. Also ECU tuning will void the warranty too.

·
Premium Member
12,810 Posts
On this bike, history shows you are pretty safe to add the full exhaust and do nothing else. People like Akrapovik, and the top companies would be in a world of hurt if their full systems damaged engines. No idea on the chinese based systems. They dont even provide dyno charts. Theres no proof these were function tested.

Their full on, race only systems might be a different story, but stuff we can buy usually wont hurt anything. But, it's always better if you can tune around the new exhaust system. You wont get the best results if you choose not to, or nothing is available . That's where the 20/21 bike is, right now. No power commander. No flash.

As far as warranty, Kawasaki warranties the stock bike. Not the bike my dumb *** decides to build. If you tune your bike and it ends up with a bad brake caliper, you wont have an issue. But, if that tuned bike develops engine problems, that's probably on you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On this bike, history shows you are pretty safe to add the full exhaust and do nothing else. People like Akrapovik, and the top companies would be in a world of hurt if their full systems damaged engines. No idea on the chinese based systems. They dont even provide dyno charts. Theres no proof these were function tested.

Their full on, race only systems might be a different story, but stuff we can buy usually wont hurt anything. But, it's always better if you can tune around the new exhaust system. You wont get the best results if you choose not to, or nothing is available . That's where the 20/21 bike is, right now. No power commander. No flash.

As far as warranty, Kawasaki warranties the stock bike. Not the bike my dumb *** decides to build. If you tune your bike and it ends up with a bad brake caliper, you wont have an issue. But, if that tuned bike develops engine problems, that's probably on you.
The dealership basically says you can do everything except a ECU tune or an Exhaust that will cause Engine Failure, I.E. Valves

1 - 3 of 3 Posts