Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Newbie here. I'm due to take delivery of my green 2014 Ninja 1000 in a week and I'm keen to get some advice on a few parts.

Firstly, luggage. I'm coming from a V Strom with big Givi panniers and a top box, which provided heaps of storage for me and the missus. I'd like to get the new integrated panniers, but it seems that you can't have them AND the top box together. Is this correct? If so, the is a major come down. Are there any solutions/alternatives?

Second, the muffler. While I love the Ninja, it sounds pretty lame. I'm looking for something that creates a deeper, louder sound. I like to be visible and audible on my bike, for safety. I heard the M4 slip-on on YouTube and it sounds pretty sweet: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOdfgMVoQXs - is this a good option? Will it be compatible with the pannier bags?

Also, while I'm blowing cash, are there any other must have items? Eg crash knobs - are they necessary?

Grateful for any feedback.

Cheers
Reece

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I have the panniers and a large tank bag. I will be leaving on a 3,000 mi trip on Thurs. so I will see if this is enough capacity. So far it looks like it will be.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Louder pipes don't make you more visible...well except for the cars behind you.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Loud pipes are for the rider's ego and the driver's annoyance.

Having said that, I am guilty of vanity but I like the sound. Any real or perceived increase in driver's awareness of our species, no matter how small or directional, is to be welcomed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I too have the factory side bags & tank bag. If I ever need more storage space I'm going for a soft tail bag mounted on passenger seat.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for responses guys. I ended up picking up a set of M4 pipes from another forum member and am still contemplating the luggage situation.

Thanks for links NinjaRocket, but have already seen them and they don't answer my question. I always search the forums first as it's good forum etiquette.

I have new q's now re luggage, which I put in a new thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts