Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what a difference. I’m 6’4 and get beat up by wind after 60 mph, and still did with the puig but nowhere near as bad. Don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm 6'1" and tried the Puig but didn't find it to be a whole lot better than stock. Went to a Vstream sport touring screen and it's better than both IMO. The Puig looks real good though.

I'm using the Vstream touring model now which is great for wind protection but could take a little getting used to in the looks dept. It is growing on me though.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 6'1" and tried the Puig but didn't find it to be a whole lot better than stock. Went to a Vstream sport touring screen and it's better than both IMO. The Puig looks real good though.

I'm using the Vstream touring model now which is great for wind protection but could take a little getting used to in the looks dept. It is growing on me though.
I can see how it takes some getting used to. It is pretty tall. I’m content with the puig for now. But down the line if I feel I need more for the wind I’ll probably go your route. At my age it’s more about comfort than cool anyway lol. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
It only takes about 2 minutes to swap shields. I generally go with what the weather dictates. I have both the Puig and Vstream tour. It's Vstream most of the fall/winter/spring months (Seattle area) and Puig when it gets hot and for trips south. I also have an extra wing. The Vstream was purchased for my 2011 Ninja and migrated to the '14 and now '18.
At 5'8" the Puig works fine, especially with the wing but the Vstream Tour gives a completely dead air pocket, again, especially with the wing. Much more relaxing for very long days.

Reactions: Crawsack
1 - 4 of 4 Posts