Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Glad you found some that work Jim. I've tried 3 different "custom" ear plugs and all were unbearable after a day of riding. Regular 33db foam inserts work the best for me or my Etymotic earbuds when I want to listen to music. I carry a baggie of spare foam plugs on every bike.

The hearing protection debate is like the smoking debate or the over-drinking debate or the seat belt debate or the drinking lead-acid debate (lol). It's hard to comprehend how some people can still argue against it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have been using these - They come in 2 size plugs but only 1 set of "Suppressors" so you take the black bit out and put it in the plug that fits your ears - You have to get used to not pushing them in too far but once you do that I get no ear pain - They reduce ambient noise by 24db and I use them with my communicator just fine - Molded plugs are on my list to get but have too many exhausts to buy currently :)

View attachment 33400
The tips on my ear buds look just like these and work almost as well as my foam inserts.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I find my plug has no effect on my hearing... However I am sore after riding with it a bit.
You don't always have to use the triple XL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts