Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000 ABS
84 Posts
Occasionally I will not wear ear plugs for short, slow rides. I can get away with it on the ninja if I keep the speed low.. with plugs in my after market exhaust, I can not even hear the exhaust…just intake noise, and engine noises. With my Scorpion R-1 helmet the wind noise is real low and you can really hear the intake…But over that, or any amount of time on my Triumph Street Twin, even just idling, and my ears are ringing. Unfortunately, my ears ring even when wearing ear plugs after any ride…but they ring a lot less with ear plugs. Motorcycle ridding has definitely damaged my hearing, even with ear plugs.

I use Howard Leight Max earplugs. They have a dorky blue cord, but with out them I can not get them back out of my ears. These earplugs are super quiet, but even with them, high speeds or the Stock exhaust of the Triumph Street Twin, and it damages my hearing.

I tried some high end ear plugs and they were not quiet enough for me…so I have been sticking with the foamies.

I have never used a comm system.

My Scorpion R-1 helmet is a lot quieter than the R420, but at the expensive of less internal air flow.

If you get high end ear plugs…compare them to cheap foamies. Just make sure to roll the foamies tight and then jam them in your ears before they get a chance to resume their shape. You should quickly hear them expand and the world go silent. I see so many people with ear plugs sticking out doing nothing.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000 ABS
84 Posts
Here are some good ear plug comparisons.

Evidently in some states riding with ear plugs is illegal, and others only designer ear plugs are legal. What is this world coming to?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts