Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on escaping Wisconsin Winter for February. I'll be headed to the Florida panhandle for the 4 weeks, on the Gulf, near Destin. I was thinking about hauling my N1K down there, but was wonder if their is much to see there on a bike, for day trips? Thoughts?

Thanks.

-Dave

·
Registered
947 Posts
Unfortunately, lots of traffic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Traffic in February? I was hoping not-spring-break time would help.
I'm headed that way too. Looking to ride the Dauphin Island Ferry back and forth, and do a lot of staring at waves.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Traffic in February? I was hoping not-spring-break time would help.
I'm headed that way too. Looking to ride the Dauphin Island Ferry back and forth, and do a lot of staring at waves.

Yes, starring and waves, and walking the beach. I think we'll bring the bicycles instead of the N1k.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes, starring and waves, and walking the beach. I think we'll bring the bicycles instead of the N1k.
Don't change your plans based on my opinion. I would hate for you to get there and say hey the traffic isn't bad. I wish I brought my N1k. Maybe check with AAA, maybe they have some data.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't worry about traffic too much........just stay away from crowded places......which is tough if your riding Florida's coastline...the interior of the State is much more relaxing and fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts