Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All.

I have the pit bull front stand and the #2 pin. Anyone know if I need an adapter to clear the front brake lines or do I remove the brake manifold....? Never used one before and it's time for a tire change on my 2013. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
I always removed the mounting block before lifting.

Like you, I found no way to go around it. If you unscrew the bolt, it will just hang there and cause no harm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heads up.

On the 2013 the 15 pin might work for you. It did for me. Even though the 2013 is suppose to be the only year for the #2 pin, mine takes the 15. If you are using a Pit Bull stand it's an easy check. You can see the hole in the bottom of your triple tree and tell if it's the small #2 hole or the larger, almost 1" diameter, #15 hole. Using the #2 causes the stand to contact the fairing beneath the headlight and you want clearance there.
Good to know some of our bikes are odd that way. Might be handy down the road if replacing parts on and around the triple tree. Bearings, etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has a plastic cap in the hole. When I remove it, the hole is big. So am I the #15?
It's a 2013 too? We might be on to something. My cap is rubber. I'd show you the pin, but it's in the bike on the stand right now. Here's the cap with a measurement.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
which stand are you using? does it engage in the bottom of the triple tree shaft?
I have been unable to use my front stand because it makes contact with the fairing, all other stands l've seen, lift the front end from the bottom of the forks, this will not allow me to pull the forks for maintenance.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
You are supposed to take the rubber cap out, then use the large pin.

Number 15 sounds right. When its right, nothign will contact the fairing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey all. I ordered my stand from Revzilla today. The guy on the phone was very helpful. He charged me for the more expensive of the two and gave me the other for free since the pit bull website was not specific enough. I really appreciate that. He said either way, one will work and to just keep the other if I change bikes or work on someone else's. I'll let you all know what works with pics when it comes in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts