Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new to the forum, and picking up my new black 2015 ninja 1000 ABS today. Ive been a Kawi guy all my life having owned a ZX12r, two ZX10r's a KLR and I still have a bobbed out 1979 KZ400. For the last 2 seasons I switched to a Ducati 1199 Panigale, which I have now put 34,000kms on, I love my Pani and intend on keeping it, but because I do huge mileage on my bikes I needed something a little more "distance" freindly, so here I am picking up my new ride today....very excited about it.:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its funny how I ended up getting this bike today, I originally bought an FZ1 to fill this requirement, I bought this a month ago, 10 days later some ******* stole it, but that bad experience had a silver lining, as my ins company paid me out $2500 more than I paid for the FZ1.....making it financially possible for me to spring for the new Kawi.....so all I can say is thanks ya theiving bastards.....lol

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Nice! Welcome and enjoy! I'm in a similar situation. Put 45k mi on my Triumph Daytona so far. Decided to split the miles a bit and picked up my Ninja over the summer.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Welcome to the forum... so crime does pay I knew it all along!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Black was my initial choice, on a 15 model... but a 14 model came up for sale used locally for a deal I simply could not pass up.

It's grown on me... But I still think I like the black better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome!

Bike looks gorgeous

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need a few "essentials"..lol, they are Pazzo levers, rad guard, front fender extender, rear rack (ordered thru my dealer) and a 43litre Givi top box, which I just purchased.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yep, looks just like mine. This is a really great bike. It does everything well, and many things better than other bikes. I've never regretted a moment with my N1K. I bought mine last November. Taking it in for the 15,000-mile service next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, looks just like mine. This is a really great bike. It does everything well, and many things better than other bikes. I've never regretted a moment with my N1K. I bought mine last November. Taking it in for the 15,000-mile service next week.

Wow you have put some miles on it already...I like your tall screen, what make is that?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow you have put some miles on it already...I like your tall screen, what make is that?
That is the VStream® Touring Replacement Screen. I use it for cool/cold weather riding -- below ~50 deg. Fahrenheit. It moves the air flow completely off my body, except arms of course. It's only available in clear.

I also have the shorter VStream® Sport/Tour Replacement Screen. I use it for the warm part of year. I can feel the air flow on my shoulders when it's on. The shorter screen is available in two darkness levels. I have the lighter one, but I wish I'd bought the darker.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/index.php/catalog/category/view/id/5674

I really like both screens. They are strong, well made, and well shaped to minimize turbulence and provide better protection than the vestigial OEM "sport bike" screen, which is really inadequate from any long distances.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome fellow canuck!
I have a 2013 White and Black.

Btw, I used to live in Vancouver.
Have you ridden the S2S or the Duffy Lake road yet with your new N1K?
I sure miss those roads, haven't been back since 2008.
Cheers,
Den

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No I haven't done the duffy lake road on the Ninja yet, but I've done it about 3 times this summer on my Duc. Its getting a bit late in the season now
so it will probably have to wait until spring

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The S2S highway is too highly patrolled by cops these days, helicopter and all, so it took a lot of fun out of the stretch between Vancouver and Whistler, but once you get north of Pemberton towards Lillooette, never a cop to be seen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts